Builds Back in a 60 series - 1HZ Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 1HZ uses a solenoid on the injection pump to turn on/off. I grabbed the wire that was used on the idle solenoid on the old 2F to do the same. Was working fine, but now I don't see any power going to it or power at the fuse block. The fuse block 10A Engine terminal gets power from the ignition relay. I tested that yesterday and it seems to work.

Ahhh sorry thought you had a 12HT. @roma042987 might be able to help. Hopefully he will chime in. If not drop him a pm.

Figured out why there was no power to the fuel cut solenoid. The fuse to the cluster was blown. The ignition solenoid gets power from that curcuit to energize which in turn energizes the Engine slot on the fuse block. Anyway, it starts right up now.

I also started clearing out the passenger side fender well area in preparation for reinstalling the fender. I reinstalled the stainless battery tray and was relieved that the intercooler piping didn't get in the way.

20181001_221715.jpg

I also played around with the exhaust. If I lower the muffler a bit, I can rotate the tailpipe. That part looks better, but I don't like exposing the muffler.

20181001_222335.jpg

That's easy when it's inside the frame rails. Maybe I should just pay somebody like you do

The Mercruiser?!

(Opens beer, waits with anticipation)

I had to go back and look at some pics to see what I did on my OM617 swap. I really don't want to crossover under the oil pan, but man it tucked up nicely.

uploadfromtaptalk1433296854370-jpg.1086871

Working on wiring up the diesel tach. I had a nice surprise in my beer fridge. There was an unopened 6 pack of Grapefruit Sculpin! Thanks Galen @bottombracket you rock man!

20181002_193543.jpg

Last edited:
I had to use an Autometer tacho gauge with an alternator mounted pickup. The signal coming off of the injection pump wasn't compatible with the stock FJ60/2F tachometer.

I had to use an Autometer tacho gauge with an alternator mounted pickup. The signal coming off of the injection pump wasn't compatible with the stock FJ60/2F tachometer.

Good to know about tach signal. Love grapefruit Sculpin!!

Dave, that was your truckwarming present when we finally got it up and running a couple weeks ago. For some reason we didn’t celebrate then.

Found an old pic from 2007 of me wheeling my old green 1993 80 series at Katemcy Rocks. Look what truck is behind it! It's my current FJ60 project truck.

6.jpg

This weekend's progress consisted of me cleaning up the drive shafts and installing the rest of the front clip (thanks for helping Galen).

20181006_133202.jpg

20181006_135848.jpg

20181006_093808.jpg

View attachment 1805969

Last edited:
I was planning on using an FZJ80 air cleaner housing with a top from a HDJ7X, but it looks like it might be a bit tall and the intake tube is on the wrong side. Any ideas? Was thinking of looking for an FJ62 air cleaner housing and using the HDJ top or maybe putting in a Donaldson or fabbing up something else.

I was planning on using an FZJ80 air cleaner housing with a top from a HDJ7X, but it looks like it might be a bit tall and the intake tube is on the wrong side. Any ideas? Was thinking of looking for an FJ62 air cleaner housing and using the HDJ top or maybe putting in a Donaldson or fabbing up something else.

FJ62 or HJ can with the FZJ80 or HDJ lid would be the way to go. I’m don’t think the 80 can bolts into a 60 without a bunch of fab work.

I like the HJ60 can a bit more since it sits flat unlike the 62 which sits at an angle. Just a weird personal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom