axles

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by muscletombuffpants, Sep 30, 2003.

1. muscletombuffpants

muscletombuffpants

Has anybody out there tried the Warn birfield eliminator kit? How about the rear full-floater from Warn? Sound like good stuff, want to know for sure. Or if anybody has a better idea, I would like to hear it. Please don't say anything dense like Dana 60s, I own a 'Cruiser not a sissy j**p.

2. Mike S

Mike S

I have the Warn FF rear on my 47 CJ2A - stock Dana 41 rear. It is set up with warn premium external hubs. This little truck tows behind my Expedition like a toy wagon. The ONLY downstroke is that sometimes I have to rock the J**p to get the hubs to engage fully. Otherwise they are everything thay advertise, and their customer service is great - they made them custom, charged the regular price, and shipped them in about a week.

Mike S

3. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Check out the Front Range FF + rear disc for cruisers. Search on google for Front Range Offroad

4. hendo

hendo

i thought that warn stopped making the birfield eliminater kit due to them finding that the u joint had to be so small it actually made it a weaker axle. where did you hear that they are selling them again ? and for how much? and are they saying its stronger than a birfield?

5. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

is it really that big a deal to eliminate the birfs, if there are longfields and smurfields around?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.