Awful Cruiser Corp customer experience (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
@Cruiser Corps I have spent easily over a grand with these guys during my 62 project over the last year, but I'm over it.
I ordered a full set of floor mats from them and they shipped me half rubber, half carpet. I ordered all rubber for the vehicle. They told me it was my fault, that I ordered part of it wrong despite the fact that he description is totally unclear and the picture from the invoice is the rubber ones (attached).
Since they talk a big game about supporting this community and TLCA, I assumed they'd figure this out for me. Nope.
They're sticking me with a 20% restock fee for the carpet mats i didn't order. The excuse? "oh they drop ship from the manufacturer". That is a lie, the carpet ones came in a box from their warehouse with other parts i ordered. The rubber ones I wanted came from Lloyd mats via drop ship, but they full-on lied to me about the carpet mats.
I even called the owner who puts his cell phone on this forum but i've been ignored. Don't say you support this community, then lie to one of the members and take no action. Oh and don't advertise "Hassle-free Returns".

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 7.58.31 AM.png

Looking at that picture of the item, I would have probably called or emailed to confirm exactly what it is they are selling here. You're right, the description couldn't have been more confusing. Rubber/carpet haha....which one is it?

I have edited this post because cruisercorps reached out to me accepting responsibility for this mishap and is striving to make what was wronged......right. I can respect that. Updates to follow

Last edited:
Have you gotten your refund yet?
No, I keep playing phone tag with Mike. He goes days without being able to return texts or phone calls for some reason. How do you run a business like that? Its frustrating because they sent me the wrong product and they're making it my problem. Its like the opposite of customer service, more like a war of attrition. I am very stubborn, I'll get this fixed but man I wish I would have just bought other mats.

No, I keep playing phone tag with Mike. He goes days without being able to return texts or phone calls for some reason. How do you run a business like that? Its frustrating because they sent me the wrong product and they're making it my problem. Its like the opposite of customer service, more like a war of attrition. I am very stubborn, I'll get this fixed but man I wish I would have just bought other mats.
Yeah they sure were quick to take my money too but slow to refund or reply. Still waiting. I ordered my carpet kit from (Stock interiors) relatively quick shipping. I would call and get a few sample colors sent to you before ordering. They are USA made and made to order. Good luck and I'll keep in touch

I had a similar experience with them with some brake lines a couple years ago. Part number didn't even match my order, but it was still my fault somehow. They make it easy to decide where NOT to spend my money.

@Cruiser Corps I have spent easily over a grand with these guys during my 62 project over the last year, but I'm over it.
I ordered a full set of floor mats from them and they shipped me half rubber, half carpet. I ordered all rubber for the vehicle. They told me it was my fault, that I ordered part of it wrong despite the fact that he description is totally unclear and the picture from the invoice is the rubber ones (attached).
Since they talk a big game about supporting this community and TLCA, I assumed they'd figure this out for me. Nope.
They're sticking me with a 20% restock fee for the carpet mats i didn't order. The excuse? "oh they drop ship from the manufacturer". That is a lie, the carpet ones came in a box from their warehouse with other parts i ordered. The rubber ones I wanted came from Lloyd mats via drop ship, but they full-on lied to me about the carpet mats.
I even called the owner who puts his cell phone on this forum but i've been ignored. Don't say you support this community, then lie to one of the members and take no action. Oh and don't advertise "Hassle-free Returns".

View attachment 2561713
Hi Michael

I wanted to personally reach out to you on this thread.

It appears that we have a few other customer issues where we have dropped the ball on some things. I privately reached out to each of them to hopefully rectify their situations as well.

I want to be clear, that we do support this community and TLCA as well as several events. with that being said, it has been a very rough last 10-12 months with multiple challenges both with the business, multiple guys out sick including and some unfortunate health issues with two of my kids.

In speaking with Julissa regarding your order and looking at the email conversations it appears that she had a conversation with you via message on the restocking issue before you even purchased the mats.

What happened with your order is in fact that you accidentally ordered the front floor mats in carpet and the others in rubber. when you go to our website, and click on the mats it gives you a drop down of the colors and one underneath a drop down of rubber or carpet. the automatic default is black rubber which you picked on two of the three. the front ones were in fact switched to carpet. this is not something we did or changed on our side. The pic that you have above is not what is seen during your order process it is just the confirmation that was sent after the order was completed. I would agree that the pic above would be confusing if it was in fact what you saw during the order placement itself. if you go back in to your actual order you will see this.

In no way did Julissa lie to you and I sincerely apologize if in anyway you think she did. she did as stated speak to you about the fact that all our mats are made to order and dropped shipped. it is however true that the front set was sent from our main warehouse due to a very small inventory that can possibly be here from something sent back as a prior unused / new product return.

I have only received text from you on two occasions other than todays asking me to call you. both days I reached out to you with a phone call but never got a call back. It does however appear that I might have missed a couple calls from you as well.

Today we received the mats as well as a weatherstrip you ordered. we will process the returns with a full credit for the parts on your CC tomorrow. I will be happy to post here or PM the messages prior to your order as well as a copy of your actual order you placed on the two rubber as well as the carpet. I will also be happy to send a copy of the calls and dates of both your text and my returned calls. I also went back and pulled your order history to see any others problems with any other orders but I could have possibly missed something since you had mentioned you had spent well over 1K with us and I didn't come close to that total. If you would like a copy of that history I would be happy to send that as well.

I once again sincerely apologize for anything we possibly did.

Mike

@Cruiser Corps And I got a chance to talk today hash this out and we got it settled. I feel like we got to fair resolution.
Also, 2020 has been about the worst year a lot folks have had and we got a chance to talk about the effects of Covid on both our lives.
Talking directly Mike helped get past any misunderstandings. All good on my end, glad we could resolve.

I want to echo what TF wrote about the confusing description that Cruiser Corp has for their mats. I had to look twice when I ordered "carpet" mats because I wasn't sure if I was actually ordering the rubber mats...I totally understand how that mistake is made. Obvious suggestion to CC that they clarify this on their site.

That said, I'm absolutely thrilled with the quality of the mats that were dropped shipped directly from Lloyd's Mats in Van Nuys. A very good product for a good price. I only hope the ACC carpet kit I bought from @dnp is comparable.

Glad to hear this was resolved so we can continue to support those Vendors that support us.

We are of the same mind @WoodnotRust, I just installed @dnp carpet and paired it with these mats. It looks amazing. I'm so stoked how it turned out. Front ones aren't here yet but I think you'll be really happy. If you need any tips I just put the carpet in the past week so its all fresh in my mind.

File_000 (3).jpeg

File_000 (2).jpeg

We are of the same mind @WoodnotRust, I just installed @dnp carpet and paired it with these mats. It looks amazing. I'm so stoked how it turned out. Front ones aren't here yet but I think you'll be really happy. If you need any tips I just put the carpet in the past week so its all fresh in my mind.

View attachment 2575045

View attachment 2575046
Pretty crazy the degree to which that carpet transforms the interior of these old trucks, isn’t it? Glad you like it!

I want to echo what TF wrote about the confusing description that Cruiser Corp has for their mats. I had to look twice when I ordered "carpet" mats because I wasn't sure if I was actually ordering the rubber mats...I totally understand how that mistake is made. Obvious suggestion to CC that they clarify this on their site.

That said, I'm absolutely thrilled with the quality of the mats that were dropped shipped directly from Lloyd's Mats in Van Nuys. A very good product for a good price. I only hope the ACC carpet kit I bought from @dnp is comparable.

Glad to hear this was resolved so we can continue to support those Vendors that support us.
Thanks again for the order.....you won’t be disappointed!

I just had an unfortunate experience also. Placed an order Monday around noon. figured it should take no more than 2 days to get the order out ( only 6 or so items). No shipping updates, no order updates.- Called twice and left a message and emailed wed to see if they would be getting it out as I needed one of the items for the weekend. No return call. No email follow up Thursday or Friday morning. Finally decided to call again to see what the hold up is. The rep said one of your items rear seat bolt kit is showing an order of 66 units so its showing as backordered even though the kit has 66 bolts in it and they have in stock. Well ok why not notify me there was a back order. Her response was well we would have reached out if we had looked at the order... but we can get the order out today. So If i hadn't called a third time my order would have been sitting there until next week? Not exactly apologetic so i cancelled the order. I order a lot of things online and processing and shipping is generally efficient or a reason is provided before the purchase in most cases so the customer can make a decision if parts are needed. I run a business also and if we don't have something or if there is a delay beyond 1 business day we let our customers know. I dont like to bash small businesses especially in this community but the customer service should be improved.

Cruiser corps is bull****. I have been waiting for two ****ing months on an OME heavy lift kit. No idea when it's coming. They sure as s*** took my money right away. Oh, Julissa said they had to get all the orders in to get them shipped out. BULL****. No news means cancelled credit card payment. **** you

View attachment 2561713
fuxk these guys
it's a scam
we wait to fill orders on suspension and never really follow through.

View attachment 2561713
I think the china might have taken over the Cruiser Scam, I mean corpse

I've ordered a few small items on test run looking for a supplier to support my minor updates. Mostly uneventful with a few follow-up calls. Since they are in OK it's convenient for me to visit their shop. Some of the work i'd prefer to have done v. my labor time. I had an email exchange with Julissa to nail down what I wanted to buy and install. I'd requested a quote with seat replacement, carpet replacement, side panels recovered, to be installed and never got a response. I reached out to Corbeau to order extra material to accompany the order so CC had all they needed when I brought the cruiser to them. Corbeau was ready to ship everything and CC never responded with confirmation. Corbeau even followed up about my order and I told them to hold off, the shop is unresponsive. I'm still interested in 1 stop shop but also not spending money at CC if the relationship starts out this way. If something fails in the beginning on a basic email request for quote then I can imagine what would happen when the actual work started. Unless I hear otherwise having work completed local with them working direct with Corbeau.

I agree that the last 12-15 months has been hard, but every industry on the planet has been hit. One thing that has not changed is the pricing. Prices have gone up, customer service has gone down. I am not going to change my expectations around what I pay for and what I get. Like most industries the performers in the hardest of times survives and those that don't get absorbed. I am not walking away, I am just looking for a commitment to me. I will side with CC that they are at the mercy of their supplier as well, it's a chain reaction but the end user takes the hit, however small it may be. CC is not a manufacturer, they are a supplier so keep this in mind. I wish all companies would advertise "we are here to support you and grateful for your business. We have a challenging world right now and the process may not go as planned, if the situation changes we will call you and let you know". Communication is the absolute key to anything. I would rather someone call me and say we have a challenge and here's the plan. I am also in a service line business, I understand their pain, I don't communicate or perform I don't get paid, I get fired. I have expectations of people I pay money to based on this ethic.

Last edited:
I've ordered a few small items on test run looking for a supplier to support my minor updates. Mostly uneventful with a few follow-up calls. Since they are in OK it's convenient for me to visit their shop. Some of the work i'd prefer to have done v. my labor time. I had an email exchange with Julissa to nail down what I wanted to buy and install. I'd requested a quote with seat replacement, carpet replacement, side panels recovered, to be installed and never got a response. I reached out to Corbeau to order extra material to accompany the order so CC had all they needed when I brought the cruiser to them. Corbeau was ready to ship everything and CC never responded with confirmation. Corbeau even followed up about my order and I told them to hold off, the shop is unresponsive. I'm still interested in 1 stop shop but also not spending money at CC if the relationship starts out this way. If something fails in the beginning on a basic email request for quote then I can imagine what would happen when the actual work started. Unless I hear otherwise having work completed local with them working direct with Corbeau.

I agree that the last 12-15 months has been hard, but every industry on the planet has been hit. One thing that has not changed is the pricing. Prices have gone up, customer service has gone down. I am not going to change my expectations around what I pay for and what I get. Like most industries the performers in the hardest of times survives and those that don't get absorbed. I am not walking away, I am just looking for a commitment to me. I will side with CC that they are at the mercy of their supplier as well, it's a chain reaction but the end user takes the hit, however small it may be. CC is not a manufacturer, they are a supplier so keep this in mind. I wish all companies would advertise "we are here to support you and grateful for your business. We have a challenging world right now and the process may not go as planned, if the situation changes we will call you and let you know". Communication is the absolute key to anything. I would rather someone call me and say we have a challenge and here's the plan. I am also in a service line business, I understand their pain, I don't communicate or perform I don't get paid, I get fired. I have expectations of people I pay money to based on this ethic.
Update here, won’t spending any more money with them. I’ve inquired about an interior replacement, seats extra material, also asked if they do installs. My basic questions are either not answered or responded to. The only person there that answers email or calls seems to get annoyed by basic questions. Short versions, I’d like to spend about $3k at your shop can you take my money. If they can’t even answer basic question imagine the backside of that transaction.

So bummer reading these posts. Purchased a complete OME lift kit in late August and just got my lift last week. I have been very patient keeping in mind the entire supply system is a mess right now. However the rear shackle kit is not correct, has two rear shackle plates and two front shackle plates so it is useless. I sent an email explaining the problem and got response to send pictures, so I did. Crickets... follow up email and sent pictures a second time and left several voice messages so far no response on what they intend to do about the incomplete shackle kit. All I want is some communication that this is being resolved. Just starting a rebuild of my Cruiser and unless Cruiser Corp contacts me in the next day or two, this will be the last purchase from this retailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom