AVL / CLT newbie - bumper guidance needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! Currently looking at my first mod for my 100 series after hitting a wall. I’m trying to find a beginners thread about front bumpers - understanding the difference between them all, aluminum vs steel, etc..

This is my daily driver and I’m not doing any off roading except for a trail a year or so.. Looking for a bumper that will not weigh me down and is not super flashy.

Also - how would i order one and who would install? I live in Charlotte but am from Asheville so I can go to anyone in those areas.

Thanks all!!

540DFC5E-AB7E-483A-BD2A-9C25B22528CA.jpeg

1CFC960B-407E-4856-B10C-8A812A3E2C1E.jpeg

Everyone in here is going to have an opinion about which bumper for a hundred is the best. Flashy is a personal taste as to what is and what isn't so you would need to decide that for yourself.
There aren't a ton of aluminum options out there.

As far as ordering. Outside or ARB, which you can order at 4wp in charlotte most will be online ordered and shipped.
Any 4x4 shop could install but I'd say buy some beer and pizza, become a member and host a HAMOM.
Some bumpers to check out to see which you like the look of.
ARB, TJM, SLEE, 4X4LABS, Trailtailor, IronMan NWF, BIO, etc...

My old hundred had an older ARB model and thought it looked great.

Also here's a really great instructional video on how to install a 4x4 Labs bumper... ;)

Aluminum is nice, but expensive and there are fewer options available in aluminum. It's hard to beat the old stand-by ARB bumper. It looks nice on a 100 series, doesn't weigh all that much, and adds quite a bit of protection as compared to the original...especially when it comes to deer strikes. I installed an ARB on my son's truck. Looks good to me.
IMG_4867[1].JPG

I recently installed a SLEE Blueberry on a friend's truck. Much stronger bumper than the ARB, and it does not have the tubular uprights. If you want a slimmer, stronger bumper, the Blueberry is a good choice.
IMG_4226[1].JPG

Aluminum is nice, but expensive and there are fewer options available in aluminum. It's hard to beat the old stand-by ARB bumper. It looks nice on a 100 series, doesn't weigh all that much, and adds quite a bit of protection as compared to the original...especially when it comes to deer strikes. I installed an ARB on my son's truck. Looks good to me.
View attachment 3115610

I recently installed a SLEE Blueberry on a friend's truck. Much stronger bumper than the ARB, and it does not have the tubular uprights. If you want a slimmer, stronger bumper, the Blueberry is a good choice.
View attachment 3115601
I really like the ARB! Is it necessary to do any sort of lift when you install a bumper like that?

I really like the ARB! Is it necessary to do any sort of lift when you install a bumper like that?
Nope although hundos do look a hundred percent better from small lift

Ok now i get that once you start some mods you cant stop. Would you recommend a shop in charlotte or wnc to install?
A hindo lift is about the easiest thing you can do in terms of a cruiser lift..... same suggestion as for the bumper.
Load up in Pernicious from wicked weed buy pizza host a HAMOM.
That's Help A Member Of the Month. When I first started with ONSC back in 07 we did one just about every month. You give ONSC members good beer and pizza they will be happy to wrench with you and teach you about the truck.
Cheers

For just driving around town and aesthetics, the Iron Man is a good value and looks like the ARB. They regularly do promo discount and can be purchased for around $850

1663265881577.png

View attachment 3115610

I’m with Dave. For me personally, you can never go wrong with the arb bumper. They are great looking and offer lots of protection.

For just driving around town and aesthetics, the Iron Man is a good value and looks like the ARB. They regularly do promo discount and can be purchased for around $850

View attachment 3115813
I love these bumpers. Unfortunately for me when I was trying to buy one like 10 years ago ( for my 80) the weight for them was around 8 months.

But maybe they are more available now.

I love these bumpers. Unfortunately for me when I was trying to buy one like 10 years ago ( for my 80) the weight for them was around 8 months.

But maybe they are more available now.
I think they're much quicker now. They were one of the few that had bumpers in stock, back when all of the other vendors were dealing w/ supply issues during covid. I think @AJR got his in a matter of a couple weeks.

*update - working with Asheville vehicle outfitters to install the ARB deluxe without the fog lights. I would love to do a HAMOM but because I’m in CLT, I don’t know if now is the best time! You guys are so great for making that a reoccurring event.

Going to do a PDR for the fender with someone recommended by AVO

I think they're much quicker now. They were one of the few that had bumpers in stock, back when all of the other vendors were dealing w/ supply issues during covid. I think @AJR got his in a matter of a couple weeks.
It was in like a week I think. Pretty fast

View attachment 3115813
I also like the look of these. Ironman quotes things to be in stock and ready to ship, and actually they're currently running a 25% off everything through Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom