Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! Do you get to the SF Bay Area from time to time?

At least once a year, sometimes 2-3 times per year. I'm always up for a road trip!

Although I am confused....in this thread I see Washington, Sea-TAC, Stockton and now SF mentioned. Where are you guys exactly?

At least once a year, sometimes 2-3 times per year. I'm always up for a road trip!

Although I am confused....in this thread I see Washington, Sea-TAC, Stockton and now SF mentioned. Where are you guys exactly?
Thanks for asking!

Partner Georg Esterer @orangefj45 and the business are in Stockton, sharing space with Valley Hybrids. "SF Bay Area" is a regional reference, which coulda/shoulda been more specific - Stockton.

I (Ward Harris) am currently located in Freeland, Washington on Whidbey Island - an hour outside of Seattle. I drive and fly to Stockton on a regular basis, hence reference to Sea-Tac last week.

To further confuse the issue, our family is selling the island home and moving to Boise area - closer to Stockton.

Ward- Progress looks great man. Congrats. I heard you are working with @duggy in Hou which is great news. Did we confirm the 24gal can keep the spare location? If so, I'd like to make my order official.

@RussBow6 I just got off the phone with Duc and he was asking me if we had 4 from Houston which he said would save us a good bit on shipping. It looks like we do have exactly 4. So that's cool. He's a great guy too. We're lucky to have him. I've got him doing several things for me on my rig.

@RussBow6 I just got off the phone with Duc and he was asking me if we had 4 from Houston which he said would save us a good bit on shipping. It looks like we do have exactly 4. So that's cool. He's a great guy too. We're lucky to have him. I've got him doing several things for me on my rig.
YES! We can ship direct to Duggy's if we get enough tanks ordered at the same time.

Big savings all around.

upload_2017-12-2_14-18-29.png

TANK UPDATE – This is happening

Dominic and Georg @ Valley Hybrids(with Cole’s help) made good progress Friday on our 200 tank development project and we now have final mods and measurements for the prototype. We will work with LRA to get a final prototype for Cole’s truck to be installed in December. We could not ask for better partners – LRA, installing shops, customers and friends – supporting this project.

Based upon what we hear from LRA this week, we plan to take orders and deposits for deliveries in late January and February.

Thank you for your input, patience and support.

PS – Dominic making sparks…..

upload_2017-12-2_14-21-29.png

SPARE TIRE RETENTION IN OEM LOCATION - SMALL TANK ONLY :(

We understand that many would like to have the medium, "Mama Tank" (approx. 24 gallons), and retain the spare in OEM location. After head scratching and some side conversations, it does not look like that will be possible.

Following are photos of the smaller "Baby Tank" (approx. 16 gallons) - you can see how the smaller tank allows use of OEM spare location via stock crossmember. Given mounting of the spare mount and exhaust, a deeper tank would interfere with both and require substantial modifications, PLUS you would end up with a spare much lower than stock.

Owners that do not care about low clearance and degraded angle of departure MAY be able to mod the exhaust and fab a new crossmember to allow retention in that position. Otherwise, not possible.

upload_2017-12-2_16-37-49.png

upload_2017-12-2_16-38-25.png

upload_2017-12-2_16-39-5.png

upload_2017-12-2_16-39-36.png

Thanks for checking on that. I will be on board for a 200 series 16 gal baby bear tank when you and Georg get this all worked out.

Thanks for checking on that. I will be on board for a 200 series 16 gal baby bear tank when you and Georg get this all worked out.
Thanks! As mentioned, we expect go-ahead and orders/deposits next week or so.

Ward I had ask you for photos of a 45 gallon. Sorry Just noticed you posted one on page 1. Lol.
So nevermind. Shows me all I need. I'm definitely changing my order for a 45. If I start getting dents I'll slap on a skid plate.

Ward I had ask you for photos of a 45 gallon. Sorry Just noticed you posted one on page 1. Lol.
So nevermind. Shows me all I need. I'm definitely changing my order for a 45. If I start getting dents I'll slap on a skid plate.
Ya, but trying to find some more :)

I think we have 5 total with my tacoma buddy. he works with @duggy and they are going to test fit the tacoma option on his rig

SPARE TIRE RETENTION IN OEM LOCATION - SMALL TANK ONLY :(

We understand that many would like to have the medium, "Mama Tank" (approx. 24 gallons), and retain the spare in OEM location. After head scratching and some side conversations, it does not look like that will be possible.

Following are photos of the smaller "Baby Tank" (approx. 16 gallons) - you can see how the smaller tank allows use of OEM spare location via stock crossmember. Given mounting of the spare mount and exhaust, a deeper tank would interfere with both and require substantial modifications, PLUS you would end up with a spare much lower than stock.

Owners that do not care about low clearance and degraded angle of departure MAY be able to mod the exhaust and fab a new crossmember to allow retention in that position. Otherwise, not possible.

dang, well at least we know! thanks for the update @wardharris! I have some thinking to do now:

1 keep my spare and add 16 gals to hopefully give me over 400mi/tank

2 lose the spare to add a 24 or 45gal tank and just hope the Ridge Grapplers dont let me down haha

3 buy a bumper(s) and suspension too $$,$$$!

Last edited:
I think we have 5 total with my tacoma buddy. he works with @duggy and they are going to test fit the tacoma option on his rig

dang, well at least we know! thanks for the update @wardharris! I have some thinking to do now:

1 keep my spare and add 16 gals to hopefully give me over 400mi/tank

2 lose the spare to add a 24 or 45gal tank and just hope the Ridge Grapplers dont let me down haha

3 buy a bumper(s) and suspension too $$,$$$!

Finally had a chance to get into this thread and get a reply going. It's been a whirlwind at the shop lately! Good to see dialogue going on these aux gas tanks, definitely a need for them especially in Houston where we're driving long distances to see any type of elevation!

@RussBow6 it's always my opinion that you should carry a spare tire. In long distance expedition travel you are typically in remote areas that can be difficult to get replacement tires in your exact size. Worse case, you purchase an equivalent sized diameter tire that gets you back on the road, but are stuck with purchasing another tire that matches your current size/manufacture when you get back into town. A patch kit can get you by for small punctures, but for sidewall gashes that are common place, there's almost no way no patch these to get you back on the road.

I'm definitely pumped to get these tanks installed on the 200s. This has definitely been a need for a long while and finally fulfilled thanks to @wardharris and @orangefj45 !

Can anyone confirm fitment for an LX? I don't think i saw that mentioned anywhere? Id love a 24 as my spare is on the back already, as I imagine most of your guys rigs are or will be.

Finally had a chance to get into this thread and get a reply going. It's been a whirlwind at the shop lately! Good to see dialogue going on these aux gas tanks, definitely a need for them especially in Houston where we're driving long distances to see any type of elevation!

@RussBow6 it's always my opinion that you should carry a spare tire. In long distance expedition travel you are typically in remote areas that can be difficult to get replacement tires in your exact size. Worse case, you purchase an equivalent sized diameter tire that gets you back on the road, but are stuck with purchasing another tire that matches your current size/manufacture when you get back into town. A patch kit can get you by for small punctures, but for sidewall gashes that are common place, there's almost no way no patch these to get you back on the road.

I'm definitely pumped to get these tanks installed on the 200s. This has definitely been a need for a long while and finally fulfilled thanks to @wardharris and @orangefj45 !

thanks Duc!

Put me down for a 16gal then pls, @wardharris! would give me 40gals total * 15mpg = 600mi range/~65mph = ~9 hrs of drive time. that math look right to everyone?

Can anyone confirm fitment for an LX? I don't think i saw that mentioned anywhere? Id love a 24 as my spare is on the back already, as I imagine most of your guys rigs are or will be.

thanks Duc!

Put me down for a 16gal then pls, @wardharris! would give me 40gals total * 15mpg = 600mi range/~65mph = ~9 hrs of drive time. that math look right to everyone?

Sorry, no direct knowledge of LX back end or if these have been fitted, but email sent to Melbourne to check.

You are on the list, Russ. Will work with Duc to herd the orders!

LRA says the have not installed on Lexus LX 570 but have installed on Australian 200s with air suspensions but they (and we) are not aware if those are comparable to US LX air rides.

Any experts out there that can chime in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom