Automatic Fold Mirror Mod? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Que

Threads
I have a base model 2013 which has the power fold in for mirrors using switch. I would prefer to have that done automatically. Online I find there are various modules that can wired to to get this feature. Curious if anyone has done this, the results, and the module used.

Reactions: r2m
If one is ever worried about burning out power folding motors... here are replacements.

I thought my typing is bad with missed words but you gotta laugh at the description of some of these products:
"what we sell is 90% new from the factory with very small flaw on somewhere, but every goods is can be work" :rofl:

I have an earlier version that also flashed the hazard lights but upgraded recently to this one. It will also close the windows on a FOB remote lock operation like my previous one.

WOW! An upgrade/mod that costs less than $1,000 dollars!!!! o_O

Thanks for the info. I've placed an order. Hopefully there are decent directions that come with.

Thanks again

Thanks for the info. I've placed an order. Hopefully there are decent directions that come with.

Thanks again
From how the description reads, you just plug it into your OBDII socket.

Does it sync to the system after plugging it in to the OBDII port once and then you can remove it or must you keep it plugged in all the time in order for it to work?

You could always go hardwired but the remote power window up isn't included IIRC.

I just swap mine when I am towing to monitor AT temps. I have a OBD splitter but never found time to test it out to see how well it can coexist. I need to try it out again to see if it would work. Multiple OBD connections usually result in issues and errors.

I bought an OBD2 splitter... and have it connected to both this auto-fold unit and the OBDLink bluetooth unit... I am able to stuff both down in the kick panel.

Got a link?

@FenwoodPatriot - That is how almost all of these adapters work. Close on lock and unfold when unlocked. Some have additional functionality so be careful. I had one unit that would automatically flash the hazard lights anytime the door is open. I suppose for an Uber in a dense urban area this may have been a good thing.

@FenwoodPatriot - That is how almost all of these adapters work. Close on lock and unfold when unlocked. Some have additional functionality so be careful. I had one unit that would automatically flash the hazard lights anytime the door is open. I suppose for an Uber in a dense urban area this may have been a good thing.
Thanks....I just placed my order.

Thanks....I just placed my order.

Just something to be aware of seeing how you are in Idaho. I have a heated garage but park outside in the driveway to help prevent frame rot so the GX sees a lot of snow and ice outside of the 6 weeks of piss poor sledding in Mn. If the mirror housings are encased in snow and ice and the mirrors try to open it can strip the plastic gears in the housing. In the winter many that have auto folding mirrors will turn them off or in our case remove the module.

Lexus auto folding mirrors ice snow plastic gears

As Acrad said they all have additional features and mine will open the windows all the way including the sunroof if you hold down the unlock button for a couple of seconds. If you carry other things in your pocket and you are in range they can hit the FOB unlock button and open your windows unknown to you until you go to get in. And locking it again with the FOB doesn't close the sunroof, you have to do it manually from inside the vehicle. I bought a leather case for the FOB to sit higher above the buttons and protect them from accidental activation and haven't had that happen since.

I ended up taking the module off mine. Having the windows automatically fold in most scenarios for me had more risk than benefit although that feature is kind of neat. But in reality the only times I need to fold the mirrors in is going down tight trails and do that manually then open them again when back out on a logging road. Your situation may be different of course.

Great info Cold Iron

Last year somebody hit our truck mirror and destroyed it. I figure the automatic folding mirrors will resolve that issue.
In the neighborhoods around my place, the streets are narrow when cars are parked on both sides, really narrow, to the point people if they're kind will pull over to an open spot and let you by or vise versa. I can see having auto folding mirrors being a big win around here. Fortunately we have a huge driveway and never need to park on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom