Auto shutoff during refueling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone else having a problem while refueling when the gas pump clicks off (to prevent overflow)? I've filled up my tank 3 times so far and all have had about 15-20 shut offs before the tank was filled.

Could this be the strange angle needed to insert the pump or just my dumb luck?

Maybe you've got a little bend in the neck. Most of us have some slight angle. But makes for interesting results while furiously trying to stick it in and begin pumping.

Could be the gas station (or nozzle) you are using some nozzles are very touchy about shutting off. Try using a different dispenser. and see if that helps

Which gas station is it so I don't go there :D

I live in San Antonio as well !!

happens to me occasionally with the 80 too....just pull the nozzle about 1/2" further out of the filler, and it works fine....

either that or don't click it to the FULL on position...most have 2-3 positions, just notch it one back and have more time to clean yer windows :D

Fueling

i have the same problem with my fj

My 40 does the same thing. I hold the nozzel at about 30° (up) on the front side and the problem goes away. Just figure out which way the filler tube bends an angle the nozzel a bit to give it a straight shot. If your not in a hurry just use the first or second click.

boxscore said:
Maybe you've got a little bend in the neck. Most of us have some slight angle. But makes for interesting results while furiously trying to stick it in and begin pumping.

Wow, context is SO important... :)

woody said:
happens to me occasionally with the 80 too....just pull the nozzle about 1/2" further out of the filler, and it works fine....

X2 same experience / solution here ..

Tapage said:
woody said:
X2 same experience / solution here ..
We have these stupid boots that are supposed to pull vapors back into the fueling system. The pump won't work unless they are fully compressed. You have to hold them back with your hand to fill a gas can.

98LXand99LC said:
Both my 100's don't have this problem, however they do make a "GULP.....Ahhhhh" sound after each fill up!

Is that from swallowing your wallet in the process? ;)

How many gallons do you get in before it firstclicks out, and how many can you put in after the first click? These tanks do have soem headroom for the evap systems where you can easily add 2 gal or so by topping off (not recommended as it can damage the carbon canister, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom