For Sale Austin Texas 1984 Toyota FJ43 Mustard (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Outside Link
https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/7554113961.html
$65,000

Spectacular example of the last year model Toyota FJ43, which is the same model as the FJ40 but with a slightly longer wheelbase. The FJ43 was never sold in America, and they are rarer than the 40.

I bought this particular example already fully restored from the seller in Bogota, Colombia. The seller was a successful fruit and vegetable distributor who had this vehicle rebuilt from the ground up for his wife as a birthday present. Apparently, it commanded too much attention for her, so he decided to sell it. Unlike many FJs that are restored in Colombia, this vehicle was not meant to be shipped and resold to an American but was instead a custom job. Accordingly, it comes with extensive documentation and photographs regarded the frame off restoration which provides an uncommon and super cool provenance. The vehicle was brought back to factory specs with all factory decals, etc. many of the components where replaced during the restoration, and it looks like a new car.

The fiberglass top is manufactured by MPR, which was the most popular aftermarket top sold in the Colombian market.

Since I bought it in 2020, I’ve added disk brakes taken off a modern landcruiser for safety as well as a Holly Sniper EFI system to bring the original Toyota 2F engine to life.

If you’ve driven an FJ with the stock 2F engine and carburetor, you know it is underpowered. I considered an engine swap for this reason but decided to try the Sniper first. It is truly a game changer and added enough power to make me fee confortable driving in modern traffic. I’m usually a purist about things like this but this was a necessary upgrade to make the truck functional in a city like Austin.

I have the original drum brakes and carburetor that will come with the car to whoever buys it. I also have a Vintage Air a/c system new in the box I just haven’t had time to install. That will also come with the vehicle.

You will have a hard time finding a truck in this good of shape with the right color combo. Happy to send additional photos on request. Clean Texas title in hand.
1669853015527.png
1669853034508.png
1669853050317.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom