AUSSIE NEEDS URGENT HELP!!! hzj80: blowing fuseible link glow plug wire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

First post on the forum but have used the site alot of times for information. Ive got an 1990 80 series with a 2006 79 series ute 1hz motor fitted.

Recently i noticed that one of the wires that run of the positive terminal of the battery was broken, so i soldered it back up. went to engage the glow plugs and the wire burnt out and broke. At this stage ive started to think that there must be a short somewhere, however if you follow the wire through the loom it appears to just run to the glow plugs direct.

Has anyone in the states had that wire repeatedly blow? Ive asked on a few Aussie forums and got no where.

Also does anyone know exactlty what the wire is for and what it controls ect?

Ps: I am still driving the 80 around as my dialy and 90% of the time in starts fine within a second or two, howevr one or two times it has taken 4 or 5 seconds.

also the glow plug dash light indicator still comes up stays on then goes off, sometimes in stays on for what seems like a normal cold cycle.

Few Pics of Car:
ac951ce9.jpg

128326a5.jpg

056dadea.jpg

The problem

12728c8a.jpg

0ab69ecb.jpg

Anything touching the big piece of metal that runs between all the glow plugs? On my hdt that piece of metal is uninsulated and runs hot when super glow and regular glow is on.
I once almost forgot a wrench up there when I went to start it. Thinking back, what you are describing is what I thought would have happened.
Make sure nothing is shorting or grounding that our, or your relay has melted causing this?
Keep us posted

Something contacting the glow busbar, or a glow plug that has shorted to ground, or a chaffed through wire near the glow plugs.

~John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom