Assist identifying wiring under console and passenger seat / Also (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newbie here... 2 part question.

1. Just ripped up the flooring. I've gotta patch up some rust and holes, install noise deadening and re-do flooring. Does anyone know if the wiring harnesses in the 1st two pictures are supposed to go to anything?

2. This is probably going to be a stupid question... I got this LC with no front bumper. I just picked a used one up, but the mounts are not lining up so I suppose this was for a winch? I don't want a winch. I either want the original bumper back on it, or an aftermarket bumper. I admittedly haven't done a ton of research here, so any high level input/suggestions on setting me on a path is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
CenterConsoleWiring.jpg
FrontPassengerWiring.jpg

20230310_181731.jpg

20230310_181731.jpg

I believe the 4-prong connector under the console is for the controls in the console, which in my 62 is basically the rear heater fan control? I think the one under the passenger seat doesn't connect to anything. Maybe there's an accessory in other markets that plugs into it? Not sure.

In terms of the bumper, it looks like someone welded some steel c-channel around the frame rail. You may be able to remove it by grinding or with a plasma cutter. Once you expose the frame horns, you should be able to bolt on your stock bumper. Most 62-specific aftermarket bumpers won't fit properly until you remove that c-channel either, so that's probably your first step regardless of what you want to do for a bumper.

The OEM front bumper mounted to some pieces that were RIVETED to the outboard side of the frame rails. Those are now gone on your truck. I don't think these are available any more. If you want to go back to a stock bumper, then you may have to have someone fabricate brackets. If you like the bumper you already bought, you might have someone make brackets that will work for that bumper. The other end would be to have someone custom build something for you.

The OEM bumper is not really structural--you can't lift the truck from the bumper (at least not the OEM-style replacements) and you use a tow hook which mounts not to the bumper but to the frame rail (front or rear). It looks like the mounting holes for the front tow hook have been covered up with the extra C-channel that is welded around the frame. A custom bumper could have integrated tow hooks or shackle mounts.

Good luck

1678815463647.png

1678816118248.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom