asking for creative ideas from the CSC brain trust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
...hope you've had your coffee this morning!

My drivers side visor had the plastic barrel the mounts on the visor where it snaps into the mounting clip crumble and fall apart. Now it flops around a little.

Any ideas on what to replace it with that will hold up to snapping in and out? the last pic is what it is supposed to look like from my passenger side visor.
1011161811.jpg
1012160704.jpg
1012160705.jpg

Let the ideas flow ~ :hmm:

thank you

oh yeah, and buy a 200!

Could use some of tape they use to make medical casts with. Wet it and roll it around. Dries hard in a few minutes. Had a choice of colors but don't remember tan being one of them. Little model paint could solve that.

@murf Is that passenger or driver side?

Nvrmind just reread the original post. Let the flaming begin. :hillbilly:

Not as elegant, but electrical tape wound around it comes to mind...until you buy the 200 series.

I've used electrical tape on my 68 FJ40 for years to stop rattles. A lot of these have adjustment but it's metal on metal which just speeds up the wear. While needs to be replaced it saves the metal parts but still stops the rattles. Would work here as well.

Swap 100 series visors in.

:redface: wow....not only do I get great ideas , some good laughs as well! :hillbilly:

:clap: thanks everyone, I think will start out with some hard-ish vacuum line and report back after some field testing.

Appreciative,

Murf

What about modifying the clip that receives the barrel, could you fill the clip with rubber vacuum line to hold the wire!?

Clips should be a part you could get easily

3D Printer? Make something to replace it with?

What about using some JB Weld putty? I have never done this but it sounds plausible...

SteelStik Epoxy Putty Stick

Mix it up, and form it around the metal rod. Form it with your fingers and/or roll it into the shape you want. Alternatively you could slit a piece of straw and place it around it while it is setting up to give it a cylindrical shape. Probably won't even stick to it if you coat it with auto wax.

Just my $0.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom