Ashville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know we have a couple guys who live up in the Ashville area. I am thinking about a weekend trip with the wife up there for a V Day present. We would like to stay somewhere that you could easily get to good restaurants and maybe a few bars. What area or even better a hotel recommendation would be great. Thanks! Brian

I always go and stay up in Biltmore Village. I either stay at the holiday inn express which is cheap or the Inn at Biltmore which is not. Stay at Biltmore - Inn on Biltmore Estate - Rates and Reservations

Iff you stay in the village. The Corner Kitchen has great breakfast. La Paz also has great Mexican.

If you want something nice try the Grove Park Inn. Great Hotel. Gonna be hard to find something this late though.

There is also another hotel downtown that is nice also but I cannot remember what it was. It is an old one.

Marshall recomended some great hotels. It really depends on what you want to do. For the village i would do the Holiday Inn Express. For downtown wandering there are a couple down there but more $$$$. If you want a suite there are a couple on Tunnel rd by the mall that are not too bad, or you can get a B and B in a few different locations that are quite nice and have decent prices( but are usually farther from town).

Dave

Thanks guys, I think I would like to be right in the middle of things to be able to wander around downtown and see whats out there. Been a really long time since I have gone up to Ashville. I know in Charlotte its the corner of trade and tryon, that's the heart of downtown. Is there a specific intersection like that up there? What about the Sheraton or the Rennaisance? Any thoughts about wither of those hotels. Thanks again!!

Sheraton and Renaissance are fine, and should be value priced on VD. The one hotel not mentioned - - and in the middle of everything - - is the Haywood Park Hotel, located on the corner of Haywood St. and Battery Park. When we have out of town visitors at work, that is where they stay. Call the Chamber of Commerce, they should be able to help you find a value package 828-258-6101.

Lots of dining options within walking distance downtown (The Table, Lobster Trap, Barleys, etc., etc.), but Marshal mentioned the Corner Kitchen, which is in Biltmore Village (short drive or call a cab!). It has the absolute best dinner menu around and features wild game.

The one hotel not mentioned - - and in the middle of everything - - is the Haywood Park Hotel, located on the corner of Haywood St. and Battery Park. When we have out of town visitors at work, that is where they stay. .

That was the hotel I was trying to think of.

Was thinking about doing the same for my wife around V-day. She has always wanted to stay at the Grove Park Inn as have I. Is there anything to do within walking distance of there? I know there is golf and hiking but a little too cold for both of those now. Has anyone stayed there before?

If you spend lots of $$ (or play your cards right) you don't have to leave the Grove Park for anything.

Disclaimer: I am unable to do either of those things.

The real answer to your question is no. It's in a residential area. If you try to walk somewhere, you're getting a workout.

I have stayed at the Grove park before, its nice and the new SPA in really nice. I was looking for a little more to do so I am going with the Haywood. Thanks for all the suggestions I appreciate it. :beer:

Was thinking about doing the same for my wife around V-day. She has always wanted to stay at the Grove Park Inn as have I. Is there anything to do within walking distance of there? I know there is golf and hiking but a little too cold for both of those now. Has anyone stayed there before?

Yes, I have stayed there quite a few times. It can get pricey. I'm not a spa kind of guy and have never been to one except that place. But it rocks. I could spend the whole day just in there. Nothing beats sitting in a pool sized hot tub outside with two giant fireplaces on both sides looking out over the mountains and Asheville all the while someone is bringing you beer.

It's giant and it has just about everything for your wife or girlfriend to enjoy.

Asheville dowtown is about 5 min away.

I was in Asheville for 6 weeks with work a couple of years ago. I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriot right up from the Biltmore village. It was a great place to stay, I had a suite which had a bedroom, living room area, kitchen, and large bathroom. It was very nice, but pricey.

The only bad thing is that it was situated in a way that you had to drive to go anywhere. It wasn't too far from downtown, the Tunnel Road area, or the Biltmore.

I've also stayed at the Double Tree, which is just down the road from the Residence Inn. It's closer to I-40, and behind TGIFridays. Again, you would have to drive to go anywhere, but not far. The rooms there weren't as large or nice as the Residence Inn though.

From what I remember the least expensive one's start around $180ish and go way up from there to get on the club level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom