Armored Bumpers on an LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am looking at a second 200 series and there is a possibility an LX could fall my way. I bought my current 200 series 10 years ago and immediately added ARB front and back bumpers, roof rack, snorkel, Warn M12000, BP51 suspension and loved it until my wife confiscated it about five years ago after her 4runner was hit. It being a LC made this easy, has anyone armored a LX with the factory suspension??? I would like to keep the kneeling option for my mother in law that lives with us.

IMG_5642.jpeg

Great looking 200! You are running the factory suspension, I once loaded down my old LX470 while moving once the suspension lowered because I overloaded the car. I was in collage! But no issues when fully loaded! That is amazing,.

Great looking 200! You are running the factory suspension, I once loaded down my old LX470 while moving once the suspension lowered because I overloaded the car. I was in collage! But no issues when fully loaded! That is amazing,.

Yep 👍🏻

its actually nicer on LX over LC due to Active Body control? and AHC. I really liked it more but felt it blasphemous looking on LX. Like you took her virginity in public. The LX is really good looking stock.

Nice Icon V 5's on that beauty !

Can you please post more pics of her? I am looking at the front grille... How to make it look less "Lexu-ish" and more "LC-ish", if that makes any sense. Stock steps or sliders? Can tell 100% from pic.

Beautiflul !

☀️

Edit: NM, find your built up trhead ! Awesome car !

Do it! Absolutely love the Dissent rear bumper on my 570. Zero issue with AHC.

View attachment 3519039

Last edited:
Nice Icon V 5's on that beauty !

Can you please post more pics of her? I am looking at the front grille... How to make it look less "Lexu-ish" and more "LC-ish", if that makes any sense. Stock steps or sliders? Can tell 100% from pic.

Beautiflul !

☀️

Edit: NM, find your built up trhead ! Awesome car !
Thanks! I've been very much enjoying it. Feels like driving a spaceship haha. My plan up front is to do a dissent bumper as well. The current bumper is definitely taking a beating on the bigger obstacles!

And yeah, i have some more of the details in the build thread 2016 LX570 Air Down Gear Up build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2016-lx570-air-down-gear-up-build.1263324/page-2#post-15207145

Slee Sliders with LC rocker panels. Sliders are definitely a must!

20230420_143944.jpg
IMG_5905.jpg

Thanks! I've been very much enjoying it. Feels like driving a spaceship haha. My plan up front is to do a dissent bumper as well. The current bumper is definitely taking a beating on the bigger obstacles!

And yeah, i have some more of the details in the build thread 2016 LX570 Air Down Gear Up build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2016-lx570-air-down-gear-up-build.1263324/page-2#post-15207145

Slee Sliders with LC rocker panels. Sliders are definitely a must!

View attachment 3519780View attachment 3519779

Did you hit the rear bumper?

Did you hit the rear bumper?
The OEM bumper, absolutely. I drug the plastic rear bumper off just about every ledge in Moab the first year out with it. I'm shocked that stayed in place!

With the Dissent rear I haven't yet touched anything, but I think that just means I need to be on harder trails!
Screenshot_20231229_093147_Photos.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom