Are these dash buttons suppose to be illuminated? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah they seem to not respond much to the dimmer switch. They do go off when you turn the dimmer all the way to the left, but then your speedometer etc lights are off too!

That's good feedback. So, the LEDs don't modulate with the rheostat/dimmer? I know a few people "dimmed" the LED backlighting of the clock display with some type of opaque film. Seemed it really took the harshness out of it.

Yeah they seem to not respond much to the dimmer switch. They do go off when you turn the dimmer all the way to the left, but then your speedometer etc lights are off too!

That's no bueno. But, then again, with the lights off you can't see the fuel gauge going down :)

Just replace three bulbs last night ~worked great but ended up with smaller diameter bulbs too small for the green covers.

Antenna light bulb replacement
hazard light bulb replacement
center diff lock light replacement
(might help someone's search)

Ok... so I’m gonna tackle the diff lock and antenna buttons first so I don’t have to pull the entire climate control out for experimental purposes..

Progress so far:
1. Pop panel.
2. Pull 2 screws from back of switch panel and pry the brown housing from board
3. Dissemble bulb and green cover from housing and purchase Eiko 7219 12v bulbs
4. Wait for amazon package to arrive so I can reassemble. View attachment 2181816View attachment 2181817View attachment 2181984

View attachment 2181983
Good evening. Same issue on my 2001 LC. Each button/switch has its own backlight bulb. How did your project turn out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom