Are these dash buttons suppose to be illuminated? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The cruiser has been in the family for over ten years and I can’t recall if these lights have ever been back light? At night they are impossible to see. If they are suppose to be illuminated I doubt there there is a single fuse to solve the issue? Any diagnostic help would be appreciated
063D5A7B-2343-49C5-A03F-D3BAF48A0C07.jpeg

this is my first post so a special thanks to all the veterans with a wealth of knowledge and the moderators.

Yep, on mine they are backlit when you turn on your headlights/parking lights

@FxFormat your CDL and antenna buttons are backlit? I don’t recall mine being that way

I'm not FxFormat, but yes, those are backlit on all 3 of mine.

Huh, maybe I’ve just never noticed that or my bulbs are burned out

Huh, maybe I’ve just never noticed that or my bulbs are burned out

Since you list a 00 LC in your signature, here's a link to a picture of my son's 2000 LC, and the thread we used to fix his:

Since you list a 00 LC in your signature, here's a link to a picture of my son's 2000 LC, and the thread we used to fix his:

Thank you!

@FxFormat your CDL and antenna buttons are backlit? I don’t recall mine being that way

Mine definitely lights up when you turn on the lights, I just went to snap a shot real quick for you guys. Mine is a 2007 LX

49375532723_e9890ef060_b.jpg

Ok... so I’m gonna tackle the diff lock and antenna buttons first so I don’t have to pull the entire climate control out for experimental purposes..

Progress so far:
1. Pop panel.
2. Pull 2 screws from back of switch panel and pry the brown housing from board
3. Dissemble bulb and green cover from housing and purchase Eiko 7219 12v bulbs
4. Wait for amazon package to arrive so I can reassemble.
1A21ED84-2C79-4C3E-A747-75E4A5BB91A3.jpeg
24367E9B-7ADB-41C8-8672-2E46AFE945B5.jpeg
View attachment 2181984

95C7CEC4-81F7-46BB-AF8C-0EE7F8C7FBF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Mind sharing a link for the bulb? Mine are out as well. Thanks

Forgot to attach
T1 bulb link

Why not go LED? I'll be doing all the bulbs in my dash console and center console very soon and plan on going LED. Main reason LED for me is that they have many color options and I want to get away from the "green".

Why not go LED? I'll be doing all the bulbs in my dash console and center console very soon and plan on going LED. Main reason LED for me is that they have many color options and I want to get away from the "green".
Briefly considered it but not looking to do all the lights and want lumen consistency, just trying to fix what’s broken. Anyway that’s a couple dozen lights between nav, and climate. I believe the early gen 100 uses t4 which is a larger bulb and back lights multiple controls/buttons where as every button has it’s independent light on the late gen 100. I could be wrong....

I got blue LEDs from Super Bright LED. I even changed the backlight on the temperature screen and clock. But unfortunately the LEDs are way too bright for this application. It is too distracting at night. I have been thinking about going back to the ancient filament based technology

I got blue LEDs from Super Bright LED. I even changed the backlight on the temperature screen and clock. But unfortunately the LEDs are way too bright for this application. It is too distracting at night. I have been thinking about going back to the ancient filament based technology

That's good feedback. So, the LEDs don't modulate with the rheostat/dimmer? I know a few people "dimmed" the LED backlighting of the clock display with some type of opaque film. Seemed it really took the harshness out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom