Are Bilsteins the shock of chioce? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am spending most of my time on pavement and few dirt roads - daily driver in rain and some snow. Are Bilstiens (everyone seems to like 'em) the shock I should get? Or are they for flesh eating rock crawlers only? Any other reliable choices out there? What is a good source to get them? Thanks (again)

i got some used ones with not too many miles on them that i recently pulled off our '60 that are for sale, if you want them.....

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Have installed two sets, one on a 84-60 and one on a 83-40, both customers have been very happy. Both vehicles see 60% on road, and 40% off. Both vehicles are "stock".

-Steve

Pete (78 One owner) has Duetsche Tech shocks and they work wonders on dirt roads and street. I rode with him today to check out the condition of one of our favorite trails after a storm and I now understand why he can get away from me on dirt roads. I was impressed. Excellent handling without the stiffness or bounce. I still like my cheap shocks better for crawling though.

Bilstein makes a great shock, and it's what I plan to switch to next for better offroad control.

I run DT3000's (Doestch Tech's) and they are soft but control well. Used to be $27 each from Summit Racing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom