1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Bilsteins the shock of chioce?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by mattcobb, Nov 23, 2003.

1. mattcobb

mattcobb

I am spending most of my time on pavement and few dirt roads - daily driver in rain and some snow. Are Bilstiens (everyone seems to like 'em) the shock I should get? Or are they for flesh eating rock crawlers only? Any other reliable choices out there? What is a good source to get them? Thanks (again)

2. dogboy

dogboy

i got some used ones with not too many miles on them that i recently pulled off our '60 that are for sale, if you want them.....

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

3. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

FJ60 and FJ40 shock mounts are different.

4. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Have installed two sets, one on a 84-60 and one on a 83-40, both customers have been very happy. Both vehicles see 60% on road, and 40% off. Both vehicles are "stock".

-Steve

5. Jonathan_Ferguson

Jonathan_Ferguson ★ is in the wrong locale SILVER Star

Rears are the same, Well atleast that's the case for HJ60 and BJ40. :flipoff2:

6. hammerhead

hammerhead

Pete (78 One owner) has Duetsche Tech shocks and they work wonders on dirt roads and street. I rode with him today to check out the condition of one of our favorite trails after a storm and I now understand why he can get away from me on dirt roads. I was impressed. Excellent handling without the stiffness or bounce. I still like my cheap shocks better for crawling though.

7. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    Bilstein makes a great shock, and it's what I plan to switch to next for better offroad control.

I run DT3000's (Doestch Tech's) and they are soft but control well. Used to be $27 each from Summit Racing.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">