Are any more 200’s coming in ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last allocation from Japan was months ago so no more on the way. Only 7 left in the southeast and those are all dealer's or GM's cars.

I’m thankful to have found a 2021 LC200 in the color combo I was looking for.

My original long term plan over the last decade was for me to keep my LC100 until the post-200 series version came out and then wait long enough to get a used one eventually. Then when it became clear that there would no longer be a US post-200 LC I switched to wanting a 2016+ LC200.

When I started looking for a 2016+ it quickly became clear that I’d be paying A LOT for the one that I wanted so I switched to looking for a 2021 instead since it’d be “the last” (for now). It then became clear that I was a little late to the party, so I resolved to just making it happen and ended up paying over sticker for a “used” 2021 that ticked my boxes and wasn’t too far away. Very happy to be in possession of what I was looking for and look forward to keeping it for quite some time.

Now I need to find a way to part with my 2006 LC100, which is proving difficult for me to do but I can’t justify keeping it at the moment either.

Apologies for the wall of words, and I know I didn’t add any insight to the original question. I wanted just wanted to share my gratitude in finding the right 2021.

This reminds me of the Viper conundrum. No one wanted to buy SRT Vipers until they announced they were going to stop building them. Toyota has struggled to break 4,000 units each year with the LC200......I don't think the consternation on this site means they would blow through 5,000 units if they had them, but there's nothing like unobtanium to spark interest.

I have a 2018 and 2019 the dealer who sold me the 2018 is trying get me to trade or sell one of the 200 ‘s … and I don’t even like that dealer ,
I was looking for a 4runner to add to the fleet but just about every dealer is just baiting people … no one has any real inventory in my area I travel from Washington DC up to north New Jersey .
There are a few out there , everyone seems to have red or blue in Venture or TRD Offroad , its the worst time to buy anything but best to sell if you have the right item .

Chop it and put a steel bumper, like Dissent's. Or even ARB. See below.

Not as much about Carplay but the stupid joystick interface.

That bumper is a big improvement over stock. There do seem to be a lot more new LX's available for sale, from a quick search online. With the mark-up on any Land Cruiers available, the LX is looking like a good option. I need to see what these 4th Gen V8 4Runners are going for nowadays.

That bumper is a big improvement over stock. There do seem to be a lot more new LX's available for sale, from a quick search online. With the mark-up on any Land Cruiers available, the LX is looking like a good option. I need to see what these 4th Gen V8 4Runners are going for nowadays.
Where do you look? Try to call those sellers, most is not real. Out of 7 listed around there was 0 available

Where do you look? Try to call those sellers, most is not real. Out of 7 listed around there was 0 available
I called the dealer closest to me and they said the LX570 is for sale. It has been used by their general manager as a demo vehicle and has a few miles on it though.

I called the dealer closest to me and they said the LX570 is for sale. It has been used by their general manager as a demo vehicle and has a few miles on it though.
Yes, our dealer got one like this as well (10k miles 2020 model). But in general, most ads is not real. From me reaching out dealers in 350 miles radius there is no new stock. There is demo cars and used ones.

This is the case for most makes. My father looked for a 2021 TRD Pro Tundra and 98% of those shown in inventory on Toyota's website were long gone when you finally spoke to someone at the actual dealership. Same situation for the RAM Rebel 1500 my buddy was shopping and if they were in stock all dealers had a $2500-3500 dealer add-on put on top of the asking price. These BS games started because of the Covid related inventory shortages and backlogs and sadly they will be here to stay until things catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom