ARB vs Baja Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to decide on a full-length roof rack. I like to sleep on the roof rack, no tent just a bed-roll, and I am 6'6" and 270 lbs. My old Con-Ferr rack with plywood on the bottom could handle this without a problem. This rack was stolen so I need a new one.

This rack is for an FJZ80 and I am debating between getting the full-length ARB roof rack with mesh flooring , possibly in Alloy or the Baja Rack and adding some plastic nursery grating to give it a solid bottom.

Has anyone walked on the ARB Alloy roof rack? I am afraid it might bend under my weight so I may go with the Baja Rack as it is less money and should be able to hold the weight.

Not what you asked but my Kaymar Tradesman is very strong. I can walk on the mesh floor no problem.

I had the ARB Tradesman style on my 100 series and it held up fine to my weight (120kg). I even had a 10ft step ladder with me atop it standing on the rack. No bends in the mesh or the steel sheet at the front.

I would assume that the one with the least distance between the crossbeams (less unsupported mesh) would be your stronger option, spreading the weight out over more of the rack....

Front Runner - strong and light. I put myself - wife - 2 kids and tent up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom