ARB Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed the ARB bumper this afternoon. Did you all re-install the factory tow hooks? Mine do not fit. The 1/4" piece of metal that comes vertically done makes them sit to the side enough that the holes wont' line up.

Has anyone elese experienced this?

Are the tow points on the ARB a good as place to tow as the factory hooks?

Mine worked. I will look tomorrow when it gets light out. Sounds like something a grinder would fix.
The ARB "tow points" are weak. I believe that they were put there for the Hi-lift jack adaptor. I don't use them for towing.
Sean

I just looked, and as is usually the case Christo is correct. There are two spacers.
Cheers Sean

It was used, and the instruction sheet mentioned the spacers. I had all other parts, so I'm guessing prvious owner simply forgot to include. I'll see if I can get them from him.

If not, would a couple of washers the correct thickness be sufficient?

Byron,
I have mine off for modifications so I measured the spacer plates for you. They are three-eights plate and measure one nine-sixteenths wide by three and seven-eights long. There are two nine-sixteenths holes two and three-eights on center. You can use one and one-half inch wide plate with no problem and drill one-half inch bolt holes carefully if you don't have a 9/16 inch bit since the bolts are 12 x 1.25 which is between a 7/16 and 1/2 inch bolt. Washers could probably be used but if you are going to be pulling hard I would prefer the piece of plate as it supports the whole bracket. Also, you can use your bracket to lay out the holes etc.
Bill

Drtduck, Here is a pic of said shim.
Sean

[quote author=Photoman link=board=2;threadid=5427;start=msg43238#msg43238 date=1064056312]
Byron,
I have mine off for modifications so [/quote]

Whatcha got in the works now Photo?

Junkster,
Nothing much. Making skid plates for the bottom. Drilled holes in both sides of the fairleads to get more air to the rad. Beefing up the stock front ARB pull points/jack points with 1/2" plate bolted through the frame. Moving the PS cooler to the front just under the winch. Perhaps adding a trans or oil cooler on the DS (US) with maybe some duckwork and electric fan. Added eye bolts for brush lines.
Bill

DS (US) skid plate to protect AC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom