ARB Disco mod vid. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got my ARB and wired it up for the disco mod. I havent seen any vids of it here on the forum so I went out and shot a quick one for posterity. Sorry about the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XYpQ-WXtXQ

I got the idea from CDAN about making the cruisers side marker lights into turn signals. In the vid you can see this. The plugs for the indicator lights under the headlights are the exact same as the side blinker lights. The wiring is the perfect length also. all ya have to do is switch the two light plugs and nothing else. Thank you CDAN!:cheers:

Here is the directions for wiring up the disco mod. I dont know who originally posted this but thanks to you too.
:cheers:
If you have the disco mod, you should use a #67 light bulb. The disco mod is the you connect the blue bumper wire to the green wire going into the corner light. Connect the brown bumper wire to the green wire going into the blinker light. Then replace the #1156 bulb supplied with a #67. By doing so it should result in a "disco" effect - when headlight/parking light are on, the blinker and bumper lights alternate. When the headlight/parking light are off, the blinker and bumper flash together.

The wiring was easy. It just took a little time.

daytime pic. post#78 https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=77508&page=3

ERG80

Last edited:
Nice! I like it!

so basically, you made the side parking lights the turn signals and the toyota turn signals the parking lights. Then modified the arb lights to be both turn signals and parking lights?

Last edited:
so basically, you made the side parking lights the turn signals and the toyota turn signals the parking lights. Then modified the arb lights to be both turn signals and parking lights?

yes. you just change the bulbs in the arb and wire it up the way above to make it both parking and signal.

Last edited:
Here is my current wire set up. It shows the two wires from my bumper splicing into the wires for the corner indicator light. Let me know how I should modify this set-up to complete the mod.
Wire Set-Up1.jpg
Wire Set-Up2.jpg

This should do it.
Wire Set-Up2.jpg

It looks similar to this connector.
pRS1C-4450006w345.jpg

Ok, so I take it that if I pull out the blinker housing that it will have a large white plug like the one in the picture with the green wire running from that...and I am just moving this brown splice down and re-attaching it to that wire. Should be easy with a little lengthening, correct me if I am wrong.

Correct.

Ok, so I take it that if I pull out the blinker housing that it will have a large white plug like the one in the picture with the green wire running from that...and I am just moving this brown splice down and re-attaching it to that wire. Should be easy with a little lengthening, correct me if I am wrong.

yes.

They will blink together when the headlights are off and alternate when the lights are on.

And that's it? Just do the same to the other side and the lights will operate in the "disco" manner?

One more thing, if you want it exactly like my video above you will have to switch the plugs out between the side indicators and the blinkers. The wiring is still the same but you may have to lengthen the brown wire for it to reach.

So this plug is the same size as the one for the blinker...
When I looked it appeared that the plug for the blinker was slightly smaller but i'll take your word for it and check it out tomorrow. Is this what allows the side indicator to be the blinker and the factory blinker to be the new indicator?
Wire Set-Up1-2.jpg

You don't have to unplug whats circled at all.

You just unplug the thing that the bulbs go in (like youre changing the bulbs) and switch them between the blinker housing and the side marker housing.

So this plug is the same size as the one for the blinker...
When I looked it appeared that the plug for the blinker was slightly smaller but i'll take your word for it and check it out tomorrow. Is this what allows the side indicator to be the blinker and the factory blinker to be the new indicator?

Finally got everything wired up and switched out. It wasn't a hassle at all once I figured out exactly what to do. The only thing that was different from the instructions was that my driver side had the brown bumper wire going to the green wire on the corner light, so I just plugged the blue bumper wire into the green blinker wire and it works like its supposed to.

Glad you got it working.

E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom