ARB bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, my new to me FJ60 has the arb winch bumper, anyone know offhand which winch this is set up for?

"...All ARB Winch Bars are designed around the Warn 8,000/9,000 & 10,000 lbs low mount winch unless otherwise stated. " The 60 series bumper is not otherwise stated.

Thx hog..I'll start lookin!

Actually, ARB makes a "low-mount" and "high-mount" winch bullbar for the FJ60. The "low-mount" one is indeed designed around the Warn 10000. but the "high-mount" one is designed for the warn 8274. I'll try to find my pics of my "low-mount" winch FJ60 ARB bumper.

-Ferg-

Here you go. Low-mount ARB winch bullbar for FJ60/62. Anybody wanna post a pic of a "high-mount" ARB winch bullbar?

J60_BBB_arb4.jpg

J60_BBB_arb5.jpg

J60_BBB_arb2.jpg

m12K fits perfectly also. when I called ARB they said the 15K would fit as well.

Mitch

Ok, so i have the high-mount on mine but i put the warn 9000Xi (low mount) winch in it using a custom mounting plate. I haven't had any problems with strength of the mounting plate, but my winch is very cramped down in that compartment. The cable rubs against every piece of metal imaginable and there's less than 1/4 inch of clearance on each side of the winch. I'd recommend going with the winch that your bumper is designed for even though its possible to do otherwise.

I have a Milemarker 9000lb mounted on mine. Works fine, but if you dont mind spending the extra money, definatly go for the Warn. I went wheeling with a guy this weekend who had a 9000lb Warn on his 40, I didnt realize the difference in smoothness and dry load speed. The Warn almost kept up to him in first gear. While i had to stop and wait a minute for my winch to recoil itself.

interesting......learned something new again! Now if I can just get the $ for either a winch or the bumper.....

If you had the $ for only 1 which would you do any why? Just to spice up the conversation a little more.

If you had the $ for only 1 which would you do any why? Just to spice up the conversation a little more.[/QUOTE said:
I would Def. go with the bumper for sure. Winch is just nice for that just in case kinda deal.

ummmm depends, if you like to go wheeling alot, then a winch is a must. Otherwise if its a money issue, go with the ARB bull bar and cheap winch, upgrade to better winch later on. Should be able to do that for $1000 :D

I had/ think I still have a line on a 9K lb Warn for $500, made maybe 2 pulls.

But, I love the TJM on the wife's 4runner. I went with it over the ARB, mainly bec I thought it was a liuttle beefier and I thought it looked better. WIsh I could find an TJM for the 62.

I wont be able to afford either one soon. B/c of other items I have to do....With a deal like that on the winch I think I might not be able to pass it up. If he still has it. (Guy isnt advertising it and has had if for over a year letting me know about it.)

My Tapage bull bar works very well in my aplication .. :D

rti-front.jpg

anycase I have a couple of friends with 16.5 Ti from warn in the same Warn low mount bullbar.

Best ARB/Warn combo

I need to decide on either the ARB low mount with appropriate Warn winch or the high mount with the Warn 8274 for my FJ60. My truck has a Kaymar rear bumper with tire carrier but otherwise there is not much added weight over stock. I will be adding sliders. I know the 8274 has high line capacity and high line speed but is 8000 lb pull sufficient for the 60? I do moderate wheeling, no real rock crawling as it only has a 3" lift. Any recommendations on the best setup would be appreciated.

I thought Warn 8274-50 are the best winch that I ever seen .. but is 8 k rated .. no matter what. My recomendation in your TLC, get with you ( always ) your snatch block who knows .. I'm sure 16 k lbs are a lots of .. :D

snatch-blocks-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom