ARB Bumper - Suspension Data Point (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Houston, Texas for now - Romance, MO soon!
The ARB was delivered today and my wonderful wife knew I'd want to install it right away, so she cleared my schedule and the larger side of the garage so I could put it on after dinner.

I measured both sides from the bottom of the flare to the top edge of the wheel. 14" even on both sides.

After installation, my 47 year-old eyes could not make the steel tape read any different than 14". Given that my eyes probably (!) aren't quite what they used to be, I still don't think it could have come down more than 1/16" or I would have seen it.

I measured both before and after bouncing the front end. Same reading both times. I don't understand why the extra 70lbs or so did not drop the front. Maybe after a couple days I'll be able to detect a difference...seems like it should show up right away?

I have the OME Heavy (with 20mm packer - that accounts for the 14").

If you think about how much weight they hold up, another 70 pounds isn't that much for the front suspension.. Now add a winch and another battery and it will come down a bit more. Congrats on the new bumper.

Cruiserdrew said:
If you think about how much weight they hold up, another 70 pounds isn't that much for the front suspension.. Now add a winch and another battery and it will come down a bit more. Congrats on the new bumper.

To add to Cruiserdrew's point the OME HD fronts have a rate of 220 lbf/in. With your 70lb data point this equals about 5/16" drop in the front.

This might be within your measurement error. :confused:

Fochdog said:
To add to Cruiserdrew's point the OME HD fronts have a rate of 220 lbf/in. With your 70lb data point this equals about 5/16" drop in the front.

This might be within your measurement error. :confused:

Not a chance. I am saying my measurement error is no more than 1/16".

I'll measure again tonight after 35 miles of commuting. That'll tell the tale....maybe!

Oh, and that's 220 lb/in PER SPRING, right? :)

After a day of driving and settling, I'd have to say it is down 1/16 of an inch from where it was with the stock bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom