ARB Bull Bar+Stock Suspension=? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running an ARB bull bar (w/out winch installed) with a stock suspension? I am curious as to how much, if any, sag occurs in the front due to the weight of the bull bar. At this point I will not be installing a winch which I heard will require an upgraded suspension due to the additional weight. If anyone has any pictures that would be great.

Also, any noticeable change in gas mileage?

Thanks,

Russell :cheers:

it was previously guesstimated that it weighed somewhere in the 75lb range.

my rig is stock and it dropped maybe a 1/2 inch.

I really didn't notice a great deal of difference in ride after the ARB and Warn instal for the highway. I'm sure it will make a difference off road but for now it will do till I can find the time to put on the OME J's.

Russell,

I'm not the smartest on all this but if you plan on doing suspension anytime soon i think most would recommend doing the suspension before you add any type of upgraded front/rear bumper. I want to do front and rear bumpers eventually but i started with the suspension. I am running ome heavy with everything else stock and i love the truck. The lift is awesome and i think you would be pleased if you did that before the ARB.
Just my .02 cents

Brandon

I had two stock '97s, same mileage, one with ARB winch bar (no winch). Mine with ARB was very slightly higher front hub to wheel well than my wife's with stock bumper. She and I drove both vehicles regularly and couldn't tell the difference. My brother has driven both, didn't seem to be much difference from his '94 with a little less miles. It's not going to change your trucks level or handling that you'll notice.

You can always add a Mr. Gasket spring spacer to the front coil to battle any droop.

Hey thanks a lot guys...and Scott I hope you are recovering well. Thanks for the input. I bet you can vouch for the rest of us that an ARB bumper is a good thing. Take care.

Russell

Agree with Scott's comments. I could not discern any difference in ride quality or handling on his ARB'd truck with stock springs and original shocks. And yes, that stout bumper figured heavily in front end deformation. I'd recommend one for this reason alone.

DougM

I have it on my '91 and notice no difference -- although I have the ARB 1/2 rack on the back to offset it a bit --

eric

when i installed an arb on my lx, it saged about 1/2". ome heavy soon!!! :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom