ARB bumper signals

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by fj40crusher, Jun 4, 2003.

1. fj40crusher

fj40crusher

How do the turn signals in the ARB bumper wire into the stock? I haven't really looked into it yet, do they plug into existing or do I need to do a little splicing?

2. moralien

moralien

Not really sure. I got my arb second hand and there was only one light in it. There was however a plug but since there is no light in the factory bumper i would think it would be a splice job. FWIW I just 86'd the lights and left the amber piece in place. Have been running around with it that way for a year now with no worries.

3. tiorio

tiorio

It's a splice. I used marine spade connectors soldered with heat shrink. Haven't had a problem yet (knock on wood)...

4. Rogue

Rogue

I have the light housings attached with the wiring taped onto the inside of the bumper. They work more like reflectors for me because I am just too dang lazy to get under there and hook them up.

5. fj40crusher

fj40crusher

This is what I have done too. ::)

I need to get off my ass and just splice them in I guess :slap:

6. Hltoppr

Hltoppr

Media:
    Albums:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    They're super simple and splice into the turn signals with the supplied connectors. I know Slee does his differently, and less bootyfabed than that, but the splices have always worked for me.

-H-

7. BigMac

BigMac SILVER Star

My ARB Bull Bar's turn signal lights came with a wiring harness that was long enough to reach common ground points on both sides of the engine compartment, just behind the radiator. I spliced the positive leads into the existing turn signal wiring, then wrapped them in electrical tape and tie wrapped them. With the Kaymar rear bumper, I'm up to 4 bulbs per side now and the factory flasher still works fine. I'm holding my breath to see what happens when I plug my trailer in - and I want to evetually add flashing side marker lights.

Anybody successfully flashing 10 or 12 bulbs total with the factory flasher, or have a part number for a heavy duty or electronic flasher that will plug right in and hack such a load? Thanks, BigMac

8. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Bigmac,
    When I plugged inmy trailer I fried my module. Got an aftermarket and tried it. Didn't fry the aftermarket module but still didn't work correctly until I removed the rear bumper lights.

9. Beowulf

Beowulf

BigMac,
    When are we going to see pics of your new rig?
    -B-
    (Sorry for hijacking this thread)

10. BigMac

BigMac SILVER Star

Got it for action, B, please stand by....
    BigMac

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.