ARB bumper install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spacers? Hmm, I didn't use those on my 62 ARB install, but maybe they've changed the style once again. What do the instructions say about them?

Spacers? Hmm, I didn't use those on my 62 ARB install, but maybe they've changed the style once again. What do the instructions say about them?

You can see the spacers in the first picture. Also in the 3rd image. shelf or outrigger from the bracket is about and inch higher than the one on the truck. So you need these to take up the gap.

FWIW if anyone is planning on installing a Warn m8274 in their new ARB. the bottom bolts supplied don't reach through. Not a big deal just have to head to the hardware store and get (2) 2 inch 7/16x14 bolts. Grade 5 or better. Mine with the cut washers, fairlead, through the bumper only could get 1/2 way into the nut even when I snugged them up a bit. Supplied are (4) 7/16x14x 1.75 bolts, cut washers and square nuts that go behind the feet. The two that go in the top fit fine.

Replace the bumper mount hardware with stainless today. I guess it will be worth the $50 in stainless in a couple years when they're NOT rusted. I also ran a 1/2 inch drill bit in the mount holes in order to put the bumper just a bit lower. Mine was hitting the headlight washers and I'd like it just a little bit lower. Yes I am already in the lowest holes on the mounts. Looks like it can only go about 1/4 inch lower anyway til it bottoms out on some 45 degree bracing built into the mounts.

Replace the bumper mount hardware with stainless today. I guess it will be worth the $50 in stainless in a couple years when they're NOT rusted. .

Yeah, maybe so. My bumper has been on for about six years and the stock hardware is still serviceable, but definitely rusting. We get 90+ inches of rain a year around here. On the other hand, I have no plans to remove the thang. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom