ARB bumper and a Warn M12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like the title says I was just wondering before I buy it I currently have an ARB front bumper on my 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser and would like to buy a Warn M 12 winch…. Has anyone installed this winch before on this bumper and does it fit without modification or what does it take to make it fit?

The truck, with OME heavy lift.

E0601259-A104-4BB2-A2C7-03AFC0E7B528.jpeg

IF you have a winch bumper model of the ARB then the m12000 is a direct fit. That's what I run.

sn6.jpg

cheers,
george.

Perfect, I will go with the M12 / M12000.

did you need the mounting kit or did it just bolt right up? I'm guessing you put it in winch feet (mounts) facing out?
Thanks
Dave

^ yes, IF you get the hawse for the ARB holes. i.e. there is a specific style that has the holes positioned to center the hawse slot correctly for the ARB hole / slot positions.

cheers,
george.

Sorry i was not clear in my question. Can you post a photo of how the winch is bolted into the bumper? Did you need to clock the clutch handle?

Thanks
Dave

The m12k just fits as is - feet forward, nothing to 'clock'. You do relocate the winch control module (where the solenoids live) using a provided ARB bracket. Otherwise it's all just plug and play.

cheers,
george.

The arb bracket

m12000a.jpg

m12000b.jpg

Offset hawse for ARB

hawse.jpg

cheers,
george.

If you go with the Warn 5742 fairlead I don’t believe you have to drill, but I run an old school m10000. Not 100% on the m12

Might need to clock the motor so the water drains out. Look for drain hole where it bolts to main housing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom