ARB Base Rack install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installing a base rack this weekend. The directions do not call for any silicone sealant. Did any of you guys use sealant? If so, how did you apply it? Thanks!

I’m starting to really debate whether or not to put this rack in my truck. It’s sitting in my garage ready to go. But I do use my sunroof a lot and don’t want any risk to damaging it. It’s just not worth it when there are other good options.

Maybe I’m just being paranoid. Can someone who has had one of these on for a while calm my concern? Is there another solution for the wind fairing that doesn’t dump air right onto the sunroof?

Thinking I may need to switch to a different rack…

I’m starting to really debate whether or not to put this rack in my truck. It’s sitting in my garage ready to go. But I do use my sunroof a lot and don’t want any risk to damaging it. It’s just not worth it when there are other good options.

Maybe I’m just being paranoid. Can someone who has had one of these on for a while calm my concern? Is there another solution for the wind fairing that doesn’t dump air right onto the sunroof?

You wont damage it per say, mine has been on for almost a year and 8k miles and its fine, however with any roof rack if you open the sunroof youll get buffeting.

My biggest gripe with the rack is their dovetail accessories. They do not have a laid out catalog with all their offerings.

I've had mine on for 6 months and done about 6K miles with it and didn't even notice the issue until it was pointed out to me in these threads. For me it is very slight, though there is no telling what 10 years would do it. I personally felt like this was the most useable my sunroof has been and still use it when the weather is nice enough. Yes the opening is blocked and that is a bummer, but my personal experience has been that the normal ARB wind deflector pushes air more to the 2nd row than down onto driver and passenger. I also don't think it would be very difficult to use a Front Runner style deflector like this with the rack either as the mounting systems are very similar:

rrac143.2_1_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom