ARB Bar..almost done... pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The first ever ARB prerunner bar is complete ....(OK, that I've ever seen ;)

The pics were taken from a slant so the headlights aren''t actually hidden that much behind the winglet as it appears to. I decided on a 6" inch overhang on the "stinger". The Hella light tab is about 14" long and I have to drill holes tonight.
Prior to attaching the front bar, I drilled holes underneath the where the bar attaches to the bumper. Once the bar was welded to the bumper, the holes were covered up. This allows an "entrance" to feed the Hella wires through the ARB bar...up through the hollow Stinger.....coming out near the tab to conceal the wires. Hopefully only about 4" of wire will show per each Hella.
Next week the color goes on and I'll post again.
airlaird

Last edited:
That "kick-out" is gonna rear it's ugly head when you are trying to work on the motor from the front......;)

It comes off

That "kick-out" is gonna rear it's ugly head when you are trying to work on the motor from the front......;)

Yea...like the ARB bumper was easy to work around ;) Actually that is a good point Dan, but I'll just take off the bumper if need be.
airlaird

I like it, although I am concerned that the Hellas will be part of the leading edge of the truck.

As for the bar sticking out and getting in the way, I think it's less obtrusive, 'cause now you can get up and stand on the bumper between the grill and the bar, and perhaps even perch your rear on the main hoop :D

Yea...like the ARB bumper was easy to work around ;) Actually that is a good point Dan, but I'll just take off the bumper if need be.
airlaird

Oh, I still like it. It just made my tummy hurt a little when I saw it from the side.......:)

I really like what you have done to the ARB. It's a nice mix of custom shaping and ARB quality.

To help protect the lights, did you plan to or think about mounting your lights upside down, beneath the light tab? It looks like that might be a great way to mount your Hellas on this bumper. They would be protected and would look really good. Also, if they were mounted on the underside of the light tab, then you could follow Arya's advice. You could still get between the bumper and the engine and sit on the light tab while working.

Just a thought!!

Actually I did just that..but they did not look good there. So, I just put them on the bumper.
airlaird

Additional pics

Well as I said in my last post...the Hella's did not look "right" hanging from the the bar...and as we all knew, they were begging to be knock around...so my holes were a waste of time ;-(.
Anyway, the Hella's are on the bumper and look more flush and they are better protected. No sense in installing the PIAA's in the bumper yet until my paint goes on next week. I'll be using Metallic Gray from the 07' Camry...unless I can find a nicer powdercoat.
airlaird

Last edited:
Man, that looks good.

Dan, that kick-out shouldn't hurt any more than the shortbus bumper.

It definitely sticks out (forward) farther than the shortbus bumper concrete.

sbb_4_450.jpg

VS

attachment.php

Yes it does. Wow. I stand corrected.

Actually it looks like it will provide a great seat. Steve is short enough that he can stand up there and work easily. Us fat guys would have it a little more difficult...
I think it looks great Steve. Big improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom