AOAA 8/14 was RC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m not going to make it, too many things on the list to make it able to run confidently on its first outing. We also have a neibhorhood social that night, so I would have to be on the trailer by 2 PM to make it home and get cleaned up.

Target is September. If there is a run, and we don’t have a family commitment, I really want to make it. Last time I really wheeled was September of 2014, and I’ve got the itch. :)

There's a pile of newer black stuff off those blues near the road crossing we ran last time. None of it was really run then till we hit it, it was open and marked with orange tape but covered in that crumbly dry moss. We typically only run out to 121 or maybe a bit further and head back on that side and hit every blue/black/red and optional line on our way there. We don't hit Western too often, maybe once a year.

Haven't gotten any takers for our green and mild blue run Saturday. Is anyone looking for a milder day that wants to join me? I need at least one other truck to be able to wheel. We'll be in a 100 armored up with winch, 34"s and a 2.5" lift.

Haven't gotten any takers for our green and mild blue run Saturday. Is anyone looking for a milder day that wants to join me? I need at least one other truck to be able to wheel. We'll be in a 100 armored up with winch, 34"s and a 2.5" lift.
@FuglyYota

So newbie question, how mild are the greens at AOAA? Would taking a stock 200 out on those trails be a bad idea?

We're looking to do the harder greens and the milder blues. It would probably be tough to get a stock rig through that without bumper/running board damage.

Thanks. This is only my second day with the truck. I’m not psychologically prepared to put scratches in it yet.

Maybe later this fall. I’ve got a buddy with an FJ that wants to come out too.

Weather looks great , high of 79° !

@MyLandy ... You should come and do the trails with the group. If a trail looks daunting, don't do it or most trails at AOAA have a bypass. The only real way to decide if a trail is doable is to set eyes on it and decide if it's a go or no-go. Often, a good spotter like Andy, Greg or Gary can get you through spots safely.

The only real downside to AOAA is that there aren't many blues vs greens and the consistency of the trail difficulty varies quite a bit inside of the color codes. Some blues are super simple and some are big boy blues. Sometimes the trail changes mid trail, but there is almost always a bypass to bail out or go around.

Do we have a def GOING roster yet? Usually Thursday before the run is bailout day ... people suddenly get busy and can't make it.

Cass007 - Going

I'm a go.

@MyLandy ... You should come and do the trails with the group. If a trail looks daunting, don't do it or most trails at AOAA have a bypass. The only real way to decide if a trail is doable is to set eyes on it and decide if it's a go or no-go. Often, a good spotter like Andy, Greg or Gary can get you through spots safely.

The only real downside to AOAA is that there aren't many blues vs greens and the consistency of the trail difficulty varies quite a bit inside of the color codes. Some blues are super simple and some are big boy blues. Sometimes the trail changes mid trail, but there is almost always a bypass to bail out or go around.
Sounds good, we're in. I assume now that you have 4 confirmed it's officially on?

You guys use the same radio frequency as Capital Land Cruiser Club, correct?

What time are we meeting at AOAA?

I'll be there.

100% definite we are going.

8:30am @ AOAA ... on trails as close to 9am as possible.

Charge and bring your radio, Andy will know the channel info. I know we use the Gotham channels, but CLCC may be the same. (Radio programming is not my thing).

Pete makes 5 of us. Should be a solid day.

I have a commitment Saturday afternoon that I am trying to get out of. Hope to make it work so I can spend the day wheeling!

Yes Gary - 8:30am. I just went to start my truck for the first time in a couple of weeks and have a misfire on #6 cylinder. Seems this happens from time to time when the trucks sit for some reason (the LX does this too occasionally). Anyway, swapped in a new plug real quick and drove it maybe 10 miles. Misfire cleared and all was good, parked it for 10 mins, then restarted it and misfire is back. Couldn't get it to clear a 2nd time :bang:

Put some terminal grease in the #6 plug boot, no change. Letting it sit for a while and will try it again. In the past it just kind of clears up and then is fine. Not sure how the rig breaks itself just sitting in the driveway, possible its just jealous of the other vehicles being driven or the reg. I did not see any signs of water in the plug hole (boot wasn't wet) and the engine temps were steady at 194-200*F while driving with the AC on in this 95*F heat, so no head gasket worries.

Regardless, I will be at AOAA in the morning either with or without my rig to get the parts from Pete and get the gears to Gary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom