Anza Borrego 23-24 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am heading down to Anza Borrego the weekend of the 23-24- . Will be camping in Borrego Palm Canyon and doing Lower Coyote Canyon on Saturday in the 40.

Also - that weekend's gonna have a full moon on Saturday night and I may do a run through the badlands that evening.

cool I hope

I just might join you in the pick-up Tim. Let's see how the temps are when we get closer. I need some more practice with the clutch in the rocks..:steer:

Yeah- I realized it was the same weekend a while back and I am sure we will cross paths.

Tim

Hi Tim!

Is this still a go? I'm thinking about running out to Coyote Canyon and maybe meet up with you guys. I'm not afraid of water, but I'm wondering with all this rain, how deep might the water crossing get. It might get interesting! :D

Any idea on what time you'll head into Coyote Canyon? The weather should be perfect out there this weekend for you guys! I hope I can make it.

Brian.

No fear senor, you drive a Toyota.:bounce: Sometimes I have noticed that rain up here has not always been reflected in the water level of the 3rd crossing on CC.

Last edited:
Hi Tim!

Is this still a go? I'm thinking about running out to Coyote Canyon and maybe meet up with you guys. I'm not afraid of water, but I'm wondering with all this rain, how deep might the water crossing get. It might get interesting! :D

Any idea on what time you'll head into Coyote Canyon? The weather should be perfect out there this weekend for you guys! I hope I can make it.

Brian.

Brian- No official time set for Saturdays run- we will be getting down late friday night and if you wanted to pin down a time we could say a meeting time around 9:45-10:00 am at Christmas circle. We will be camping in Palm Canyon or head for the canyon if you running late. Also- I will be with a bud who has a red Jeep- and possibly another in a green one so the more yotas the better:cheers:

cool

I am still trying to secure these plans. I like the proposed idea to meet at christmas circle. Let me see what I can do to rally for the trip.

Cool- just let me know if your heading done with a PM and I will be on the look out for you:cheers:

Good times- flopped the 40 on its side while backing up which resulted in some unplanned body work. :doh: Nothing that cant be fixed and no one got hurt. Ground was really soft from last weeks rain

Weather was great and water crossings are about 2.5 feet deep in the lower willows.
AB roll over3.jpg
ab roll over.jpg

Bummer, that sucks. You are right, no one got hurt, that's all that matters.

Nice touch with the bandaid though.

Glad your OK, I knew there was a reason not to go this time, especially if you keep breaking stuff.

Tim, looks like you tried crossing the creek in the wrong location ;)

Hey, I'm planning on taking the family out camping in Borrego Nov 5-7. For that Fri nite, does the Palm Cyn campground require reservations, or is it fairly open? Thinking of running out to Truckhaven Sat. I understand it's all primitive camping out there. Any pointers appreciated.

Tim, looks like you tried crossing the creek in the wrong location ;)

Hey, I'm planning on taking the family out camping in Borrego Nov 5-7. For that Fri nite, does the Palm Cyn campground require reservations, or is it fairly open? Thinking of running out to Truckhaven Sat. I understand it's all primitive camping out there. Any pointers appreciated.

There were a lot of open spots last weekend and I had some friends who just showed up and got a spot next to us.

Good times- flopped the 40 on its side while backing up which resulted in some unplanned body work. :doh: Nothing that cant be fixed and no one got hurt. Ground was really soft from last weeks rain

Weather was great and water crossings are about 2.5 feet deep in the lower willows.

Ouch!!! That sucks. Next time take Aaron's 40 :)

Did it drive home ok?

Ouch!!! That sucks. Next time take Aaron's 40 :)

Did it drive home ok?

Glad it was not the 45- that would have sucked-

Sure - it's a 40 - rolled it back on its wheels and it fired right up.

You need to go to Calico with us in January

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom