Anyone use a radiator stop leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a slight seepage on the corner of my radiator .  After just getting the cruiser back from the paint shop I need to save up some dinero to properly fix it.  

Has anyone used a stop leak with any results?

-Darius

Hltoppr-

so have you used it before?

-Darius

I have worked on many systems that have been stop leaked. Bars-Leak seems to be the best, but I only reccomend it in the case of a leaking heater core. I have seen many heater cores plugged from over use of stop leak. If you need a heater core anyway, NBD, but if not, you may cause yourself more problems then you had before.
That's just my opinion and if you ask five mechanics, you might very well get five different answers.

My Audi froze solid at O'Hare a couple years ago. After much effort I finally thawed it out, and the radiator blew steam from everywhere. I put in stop leak and it stopped leaking. I put in fresh fluid with stop leak then, and again this fall, no problems so far. Not the preferred situation, but I don't want to invest in a new radiator for a car with over 200k and 13 years behind it. My daughter only drives it around town anyway. Of course, I put 1000 miles on it this weekend as my wife has my 80 while her 80 gets a touch up. The 80 is a little more prone to cooling problems than my old Audi, but I'd try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom