Anyone use a cruiserparts.net carb? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ran across this on cruiserparts.net
Carburetor [FJ60] - $350.00 : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts

I wanted to see if anyone had run a rebuilt carb from these guys. $250 doesn't seem too bad to me. I had originally thought to send mine to JimC, but he must be pretty busy as he hasn't gotten back to me yet, and I know there is usually a few week turnaround. Thoughts on this rebuild?

I can let you know shortly...

I recently purchased one o' them for my FJ40. I'll have it up and running in about a week and can let you know how it does.

My experience has always been good with those guys...FWIW.

I purchased one from them that was not rebuilt, then sent to to Jim C. for a rebuild. Jim said it was heavily corroded, but he cleaned it up and it works fine.

Jim just got back to me, and his level of service sounds great. The only problem is the 4-5 week turnaround. I wonder how much better his rebuild is vs the cruiserparts rebuild, and what if any adjustments need to be made to it after it's installed. It sounds like one from JimC can just be slapped on and should be all but perfectly set up. Anyone have a stock Aisan needing a rebuild they want to sell me?

All I have ever heard is praise for Jim C. He diagnosed my trucks issues at a swap meet last year... One day I'll get my carb to him! I've been in trucks after getting the Jim C carb treatment, definately worth it.

I don't know about their rebuilt carbs but I have always had good experiences with cruiserparts.net. They even took a head back after the machine shop found a small crack it. They covered all of the shipping costs on the return and replacement. No hassles and awesome service. My beat up used alternator from them is still going stong after 2 or 3 years too.

can't go wrong with JimC.

Jim just got back to me, and his level of service sounds great. The only problem is the 4-5 week turnaround. I wonder how much better his rebuild is vs the cruiserparts rebuild, and what if any adjustments need to be made to it after it's installed. It sounds like one from JimC can just be slapped on and should be all but perfectly set up. Anyone have a stock Aisan needing a rebuild they want to sell me?

My FJ60 carb is with him now, and should be back in my hands in about 4 weeks...I'll let you know how it all works out. (yup, I'm getting both cruisers in tip top mechanical condition)

Check the For Sale section...I feel like someone is selling a used Fj60 carb right now. I got mine for like $50 from a fellow "mudder".

HTH

Getting a good used carb out of a junkyard is a crap shoot honestly. You may get a good one or you may not.

With Jimbo you know the s*** will be good:D

If your current carb is the one that was made for your truck, then I'd have it rebuilt.

I don't know the guy's you are contemplating but in general...

There's a dozen carbs that look similar and will bolt on to your truck. Rebuilt carbs may be from diferent years, California or Federal spec, hi or low altitude, yadda yadda yadda. Plus the bodies and horns can be mixed and matched for a blend that dosen't work well on ANY application!

Rebuilt carbs are a crap shoot.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom