Anyone tap into DOME light for rock lights in 2017 LC? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello all, just wondering if there have been any updates on the video tutorials here. This thread is definitely heading into a direction I was hoping it would. I understand, if not. Thanks!
ditto bump

Bumpity... I actually installed the rock lights already. I just need to figure out how to wire them up to the dome circuit.
Bumping @Eric Sarjeant . I have. 2015 200 and I’m just trying to install my own illuminated scuff plates that would come same time as the courtesy puddle lights. Can I tap into the wires on the driver side by the brake pedal, as one poster previously mentioned, or do I need to go all the way to the fuse box (number 54 I believe) in the engine Bay.

Bumping @Eric Sarjeant . I have. 2015 200 and I’m just trying to install my own illuminated scuff plates that would come same time as the courtesy puddle lights. Can I tap into the wires on the driver side by the brake pedal, as one poster previously mentioned, or do I need to go all the way to the fuse box (number 54 I believe) in the engine Bay.
Yeah, pre-2016 you should be able to go under the dash light circuit on the drivers side. Recommend using a relay.

Just wanted to provide an update. I spent some time going back and forth with SwitchPro support. Very responsive and impressed. We tried a number of options to get their pink trigger wire working with the illuminated door scuff plate. That light must be fully controlled by BCM. Reached out to @Eric Sarjeant who came to the rescue. He confirmed with his installers that they use the light on the lower driver side panel above the brake pedal. That worked perfect. Many Thanks Eric. I installed two LED lights in the engine bay which now get triggered when opening doors. I'll add rock lights when I install sliders.
@prharper I have a 2015… which color was your wire that you spliced into? Or was it a fuse tap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom