Anyone running these lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd like to add some extra driving lights for running dark back roads and being able to see deer.....plus it looks bad ass :cool: . I'm not trying to spend $1,000 on lights, just get a little extra distance for on road use mainly, and I'd rather not have to take my headlights apart.

Does anyone have an opinion on adding 2 of these
Amazon product ASIN B0002M9T5S

i like running a small set of spot cubes with good optics. the difference in throw of these vs cheapie chinisium lights is worth the cost.
Amazon product ASIN B074TWVKQN

what light pattern are those? I have some similar to that on my wife's FJ and they barely light up just the sides of the road. I'm looking for a driving light. Maybe a pencil pattern and a Euro pattern in the Hella

I run the Hella 4ks. A set on my 40 and my 60. Very bright, old school and never any issues. I run a relay and just a normal toggle switch.

I run the Hella 4ks. A set on my 40 and my 60. Very bright, old school and never any issues. I run a relay and just a normal toggle switch.

Cool, I've been looking at them more and I think I'll go with the "euro" pattern. It's supposed to be a good mix of driving light while still lighting up the sides of the road too.

Only thing is they seem huge. I need to measure and make sure I can fit them in my TJM bumper and still raise the hood on my LX

Well you are correct there. They are large and cumbersome. But I like ‘em.

A745D3E1-5F84-4616-892B-B0DE6D654F8D.png

060B3157-17AA-48A1-83D0-E695A9473B9A.png

I just found this light bar. I don't like the look of a bar as much, but I figure this would be lo-profile and easily fit on my bumper. The picture in the description of the pencil light looks like it would be great for spotting deer on dark back roads. The lights that came with my TJM bumper actually do a really good job of lightning up the sides of the road, adding this light bar for long distance should be a good combo

Amazon product ASIN B01BNF65UY

I’ve got a set of the 4ks on my 80 and they’re ok. I like the period correct look, and they throw light down the road very well with the euro beam. They’re old school halogen though, so it’s not comparable to modern offerings. I got a set of Baja Squadron Sports in wide cornering beam to fill in the dark spots up close and at the corners. @thebeedeegee if you haven’t bought a pair of Hellas yet, DM me as I may be willing to part with mine. Photo below of my current setup.

393E0043-3B56-439A-B141-CA15BFC1C80E.jpeg

You call that a lite this is a lite,,lol,,I have them fanned out a little more than you see here, I built the cage ,,very rigid,,no bounce or anything,,gutter mount,got spot lens on em and they light up the world,,and they are the cheapies off of eBay ,,well I say cheap not really but I didn’t give 800 dollars a pair either,,around 100 dollars a pair,,very bright,,9inchers
B3D72366-ABFC-4DD3-B310-64940554D42A.jpeg

If you’re not in a big hurry. Awesome lights and output is nuts for the size.

Otherwise, this is what I have in the sae driving pattern on my truck. Outshines my D2s 55w hid projector highs.

I have these Hella’s, love the look and light up the roadsides.

C37E4FB4-0FC6-4B47-98ED-835EAF044BC4.jpeg

That is a sweet truck !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom