Anyone running the Coastal Offroad rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great video.. what are you long term impression of the bumper now?

Great video.. what are you long term impression of the bumper now?
So far it's been strong, I've run it into a boulder and a tree. Just scraped some paint off it.

Personally, I hate the swingouts. It's a pain to get into the back of it all time. I wish there was a better latch system. That is my only complaint. I really wish my 80 had barn doors like the 78 series or a defender, and had the tire on the back door.

Thanks, I know what you mean about swing outs. Every time I get a vehicle without one I never think how easy it is to access. As soon as I add a swing out I regret doing it. That said it is a necessary evil for carrying a full size spare (and any room inside the rig) and having had a fuel can leak on the roof of a Land Rover once I'll never have fuel above me again. I appreciate the info, first hand info is so valuable. How are the hinges holding up?
Thanks
Dave

Thanks, I know what you mean about swing outs. Every time I get a vehicle without one I never think how easy it is to access. As soon as I add a swing out I regret doing it. That said it is a necessary evil for carrying a full size spare (and any room inside the rig) and having had a fuel can leak on the roof of a Land Rover once I'll never have fuel above me again. I appreciate the info, first hand info is so valuable. How are the hinges holding up?
Thanks
Dave
The hinge design is holding up fine. They used heim joints for the hinge bearings and a large bolt. It hasn't broken, and I do a lot of offroading. I would say if you can weld, and do the job yourself, its worth it.

I'm trying to find some latches like on my Aluminess bumper, that I have on my Ram 2500. The latches on the swing out work like a door. Just pull the trigger and they open up easily. I need to call them and see if I can just buy them from them. They work great!

The hinge design is holding up fine. They used heim joints for the hinge bearings and a large bolt. It hasn't broken, and I do a lot of offroading. I would say if you can weld, and do the job yourself, its worth it.

I'm trying to find some latches like on my Aluminess bumper, that I have on my Ram 2500. The latches on the swing out work like a door. Just pull the trigger and they open up easily. I need to call them and see if I can just buy them from them. They work great!
something like this? (Link to latches)

0562d317cf8f01c6c88855c7b8fd596d.jpg

600220__49365.1522264526.png

Last edited:
I’ve been working on welding up this kit for my 94 and I am starting to get the impression that these are only for 95-97, despite no such caveats on their website. Has anyone successfully mounted one of these in a 93-94? I’ve been using a plasma cutter to expand some of the bolt holes to fit. I don’t love that. Thanks.

I’ve been working on welding up this kit for my 94 and I am starting to get the impression that these are only for 95-97, despite no such caveats on their website. Has anyone successfully mounted one of these in a 93-94? I’ve been using a plasma cutter to expand some of the bolt holes to fit. I don’t love that. Thanks.
Most likely just not that well designed - shouldn't be any difference between a 93-94 and a 95-97 rear bumper except maybe flare width.

Most likely just not that well designed - shouldn't be any difference between a 93-94 and a 95-97 rear bumper except maybe flare width.
Well, if the instructions are any indication, you’re probably right. They are only about 75% accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom