Anyone running full width GM Axles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJDIV

UP of MI.
Threads
Website
www.roamwherever.com
Any of you guys running full width GM axles on your cruisers? Put K5 Blazer axles under mine to sort of test the waters, but I'm not sure if I'm really going to like it or not. I don't necessarily mind the excess width. In Florida we have 6" that we can stick out from our fenders before Johnny 5-0 gets on our s***.

If I can't live with the width of it, I'll have them cut, but the 40's kind of a play toy anyway. The 45 Wagon will be done to "look" stock.

So, I guess I'm looking for experience with drive/ride quality, stop quality, etc. Maybe even some pics, as I won't officially be driving my 40 til Tuesday of this week.

(for those of you who hate the idea of axles like this, I apologize, but if you really care about what I do to my cruiser, you're strange anyway) :flipoff2:

One of my buddies is using burb axles under a 40 and digs it. He can't squeeze through the narrow mountain trails we do with our regular 40s but he's more of a dune runner anyway. He gets away with some pretty rad tilt angles without floppin too.

Aren't too many trails around here I care to go down either, most of it's open and sandy, or just plain lame. So, I decided what the hell, let's make it look ridiculous.

I just hope it rides all right. These axles come stock sprung over, so I'll need to ditch my BRAND NEW 33X13.50's for some 35X14.50's. I honestly pity the first fool who pulls out in front of this thing; I'll get some intersection articulation pics for the board...sittin' on a Honda Civic........................................

[quote author=TJDIV link=board=1;threadid=6509;start=msg53059#msg53059 date=1066694046]
I'll get some intersection articulation pics for the board...sittin' on a Honda Civic........................................
[/quote]
What was that? That's a strange place for a speed bump. Oh, wait, that looks like it was a ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom