Anyone running a Harrop rear e-locker? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone else besides me planning on putting their corona virus bailout check towards new gears/lockers? :cool:
meme.jpg

I know that's not what it's meant for and I apologize for the insensitivity of the post to those who actually need it for what it's intended for. But actually it is good for the economy to get out and spend as soon as this thing is over with. I was actually kind of kidding because a ran my plan by the :princess: and let's just say she's not too into it. :(

Last edited:
I know that's not what it's meant for and I apologize for the insensitivity of the post to those who actually need it for what it's intended for. But actually it is good for the economy to get out and spend as soon as this thing is over with. I was actually kind of kidding because a ran my plan by the :princess: and let's just say she's not to into it. :(

I was just being a smart@$$. Gotta still be able to joke around and have a laugh even when things are getting crazy. I think I'd be right there with you getting lockers and gears if I could haha

I know that's not what it's meant for and I apologize for the insensitivity of the post to those who actually need it for what it's intended for. But actually it is good for the economy to get out and spend as soon as this thing is over with. I was actually kind of kidding because a ran my plan by the :princess: and let's just say she's not to into it. :(

That's on you! Never ask first the answer is always "No".

Once its done, sell it to her as "its for her and the kids safety" but that's only if she finds out about it. Most women won't notice an extra button or two on the driver side dashboard, I know mine didn't.

I'm hem-hawing with Cruiser Outfitters about how I'm going to get my front diff fixed (the factory front diff that I blew up 30,000 miles ago).

In what may be one of the dumbest questions posited here, can I pulled my front diff and drive the thing as long as I pull the CV shafts as well? I'd obviously have to seal the wheel wells to prevent incursion.

I have zero reading comprehension please disregard.

Last edited:
Digging up an old thread. I have a 16" that I'd like to install a rear harrop unit into. Will the model A9574 bolt up to the 16' , or will I need any extra parts to fit the newer carriers?

Last edited:
Since having it put in almost exactly a year ago , that rear Harrop performs flawlessly ! Thanks to Georg at Valley Hybrids in Stockton, Ca. !

PXL_20201204_221426548.jpg

Digging up an old thread. I have a 16" that I'd like to install a harrop unit into. Will the model A9574 bolt up to the 16' , or will I need any extra parts?

Are we talking about the front or rear axle?

Anyone else besides me planning on putting their corona virus bailout check towards new gears/lockers? :cool:
I hate to break it to ya, but unless you have 8 kids, that check isn't going to cover gears and lockers

Digging up an old thread. I have a 16" that I'd like to install a rear harrop unit into. Will the model A9574 bolt up to the 16' , or will I need any extra parts to fit the newer carriers?
If you want 3.90 gears to go with it, PM me before next week. I'm putting 4.88s in my 2013 so the old gears will either get donated to someone with a 2016+ who wants to regear from 3.30 to 3.90, or they'll likely end up as scrap.

Just the gears, you'd still need to pick up new bearings and seals.

If you want 3.90 gears to go with it, PM me before next week. I'm putting 4.88s in my 2013 so the old gears will either get donated to someone with a 2016+ who wants to regear from 3.30 to 3.90, or they'll likely end up as scrap.

Just the gears, you'd still need to pick up new bearings and seals.
Thank you, I'm going to stick with stock gearing for now. How many miles are on your 3.90s?

Beyond bearings and seals, is there anything else that I would need for the install? I know there's a difference in the axle housing in the 16+, I just want to make sure that I won't need anything else

Thank you, I'm going to stick with stock gearing for now. How many miles are on your 3.90s?

Beyond bearings and seals, is there anything else that I would need for the install? I know there's a difference in the axle housing in the 16+, I just want to make sure that I won't need anything else
110k. They seem solid and I wouldn't be shocked if they go 500k. If it wasn't for running 34s and towing 6000# I wouldn't change them out, but pulling a trailer across the country and through the mountains on stock gears with oversize tires is a slog.

I'm not sure all the parts required if you're just putting in lockers and not changing the gears. I know the shop that's doing my gears said the labor to add lockers is almost nil given what needs to come apart. But I don't know if the reverse is necessarily true. Try reaching out to WardHarris.

The rear third member housing design changed in 08/2015. The Harrop locker will work on the early and late units, but the gear sets and pinion bearings are very different and can/will not interchange. The carrier and carrier bearings remained unchanged.
You can run the 3.90 gears in the later trucks but you have to retrofit the earlier third member housing 41101-60180 along with the bearings and gears. We've done so a few times.

If you want to add a locker to the rear of any year 200, then the HARROP A9574 is the proper unit and we can certainly help.

There is no ARB or Harrop locker available for the front of a 08/2015 or newer US spec 200-series.

Happy to help.

Georg

Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

The rear third member housing design changed in 08/2015. The Harrop locker will work on the early and late units, but the gear sets and pinion bearings are very different and can/will not interchange. The carrier and carrier bearings remained unchanged.
You can run the 3.90 gears in the later trucks but you have to retrofit the earlier third member housing 41101-60180 along with the bearings and gears. We've done so a few times.

If you want to add a locker to the rear of any year 200, then the HARROP A9574 is the proper unit and we can certainly help.

There is no ARB or Harrop locker available for the front of a 08/2015 or newer US spec 200-series.

Happy to help.

Georg

Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America
Thanks for the information. Last time I checked for the housing a few weeks ago, there was only 1 left in the country. I've decided to keep the stock gears for now and just install a rear harrop. So beyond the harrop unit and the bearing / seal kit, I should be good to go, correct? Thanks again, I will most likely be ordering from you guys.

Thanks for the information. Last time I checked for the housing a few weeks ago, there was only 1 left in the country. I've decided to keep the stock gears for now and just install a rear harrop. So beyond the harrop unit and the bearing / seal kit, I should be good to go, correct? Thanks again, I will most likely be ordering from you guys.
Thanks! Yes, you're on the right track.

Georg

@orangefj45 Remedial question for putting in '13 and earlier gears: is the carrier that needs to be replaced on the '16+ this part?

70221059-3F62-4535-B8FB-1C978D0E73B0.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom