Anyone know what year these hubcaps are from? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Guys,

i know this might not be the place to post this but since we are talking hub caps, i mistakenly bought this for my LJ70 and they wont fit on the OEM Wheels - if anyone is interested PM me and ill do free shipping 60$ for both.

View attachment 1587973

also if anyone have the code for the one that works - im looking for 2- thanks - this are my OEM Wheels that i refinished Black Matte

View attachment 1587972
wheels look great!

Here is the hub cap in question. This shows the friction fit around the acorn lug nuts which hold the caps on.

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

40342-6960 doesn't appear to be a Toyota P/N at all. You need at least ten digits to look it up.

I actually use eleven digits in my job but most people probably don't see the last one.

Edit: 40342-XXXX does seem to be part of Nissan part number system.

Last edited:
That is a Nissan number. It may not be the actual part number however. It could be an engineering number.

Sorry for this tardy reply. I have been out of pocket for the last week.

If Nissan acts like Toyota, you would need to obtain parts from a dealer in the market where the subject vehicle was originally sold and supported. In this case you would have to determine what world market the donor Nissan caps came from and then start digging in that neighborhood.

Ok, bringing this thread back as I can not find this hub cap. Here is the back side of the rear caps. There are part numbers...is this a Toyota cap??? It was suggested that these are Nissan Patrol caps but I've had no lucjk finding that either. Why can't I find this thing!!??

View attachment 1606432
If you can’t find them in Europe then look in Colombia, I have seen many of these mounted on FJ43’s from there.

Leonard,
I also am looking for a couple of these wheel covers for my Nissan Patrol. Please keep me in mind if you decide to sell any of yours.
Thanks,
Keith

Thanks for the effort but unfortunately those are all a different hubcap and Toyota specific. I believe at this point that the hub cap in question is in fact a Nissan cap. This was first suggested by a few of the forum members here. The problem is still locating a source to buy a few of the caps. Any other thoughts are very welcome.

Thanks!

Thanks for the effort but unfortunately those are all a different hubcap and Toyota specific. I believe at this point that the hub cap in question is in fact a Nissan cap. This was first suggested by a few of the forum members here. The problem is still locating a source to buy a few of the caps. Any other thoughts are very welcome.

Thanks!

If you want Nissan hub caps check the same site I linked but for Nissan Patrol.

Cheers

Thanks!

I know you probably tried already but you may get lucky if you try a local Nissan dealership with that part number.

Nissan parts seem to be harder to obtain than Toyota parts when you are going back that far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom