Anyone interested in a 13BTJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turbo-diesel 60 (13BTJ60) For Sale

Two years after the swap I'm ready to do another one but there's no way my wife will let me have two cruisers. I'd like to try an 1HD-T 80 swap next, which means I've got to sell the 60. Here are the specs:

1987 FJ60 (Light Brown)
13BT direct injected turbo-diesel (purchased from G&S in 2005)
H55f five speed transmission
Dual battery set-up with Painless Wiring isolator
Shimmed waste-gate (6mm)
Stock suspension
eDead interior

Vehicle has roughly 275K, motor/tranny have ~70K miles

The truck, as you can see, is pretty clean. No rust, clean body and interior, well-kept. Not perfect, but if anyone was interested in a low budget aesthetic restoration this would be a great start. I've got 13K asking $10,000. A couple pics

Last edited:
I don't know about AZ, but in OR it was a breeze to pass emissions. Because the rig is so old they almost don't care, but as soon as they confirmed that it was a diesel the emissions test was just a formality. I probably could have blown pure CO2 and they would have passed me.

As far as emissions go, if you have to do an emissions test just fill the tank with about 50% or higher biodiesel and you'll pass with flying colors. Another option is to add a high flow diesel catalytic converter--better emissions with no appreciable loss in performance (about $150.00).

I'll be dropping the t-case to clean out the diff breather and replace all seals this week, so that will be one less thing for potential buyers to worry about. Should take me about a day for folks who can/want to drive it.

There are no dents other than the typical small parking lot garbage (the pics don't lie). The t-case has a slow leak, but I am fixing that this week (dropping the t-case and replacing all seals/cleaning breather). There are no other leaks that I've noticed.

If I were going to keep this rig this is a list of the work I would do, all of which is desired rather than needed:

1. paint the roof
2. replace suspension (OME)
3. steam clean undercarriage and paint frame

This rig is really very clean, especially compared to other rigs for sale on this site. It is still a 20 year old vehicle, but short of a little old lady (or High Desert) keeping this in her garage for the last 15 years, you won't find many cleaner rigs.

The only trade I would consider at this point would be for a higher mileage stock 80 with very clean interior.

interior pics

A few interior pics
P2060004.JPG
P2060007.JPG
P2060009.JPG

Last edited:
The only trade I would consider at this point would be for a higher mileage stock 80 with very clean interior.

Not a higher mileage pretty clean, totally rust free stock 62?

Last edited:
Nope.

If I wanted a 62 I'd be keeping the 60.

Mileage?

Hey - what kind of mileage does this get?
Thanks

Mileage: 26-28 highway and 18-22 in town. I've pulled a drift boat up long hills and STILL gotten 19-20 mpg.

change vin tag=go to jail

Still for sale, but I'm not getting involved with VIN trades. There must be some CA folks on the site who have imported diesels, so you should probably check with them.

Happy to report that all transfer case leaks are fixed and it is once again a leak free beast. I had to tear apart the transfer case twice because I neglected to hook up 5th gear the first time. ;)

This rig is still for sale, but will be gone for sure by March 23. I have a full price offer that closes that day, but anyone who can match that can take it today. This is a super nice rig at a very fair price. You simply cannot build one like this for this price. Hurry up so I can get my 80 project started:)

No a/c. Took it out to make room for an intercooler. Don't need it in Central Oregon:)

Is this still for sale? I`m checking with Denver,Co. emissions.
What did the motor come out of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom