Anyone in SoCal have a gx 460 tow hitch they don’t want? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before I bought one I figured I’d check if anyone deleted theirs or don’t need it and I can come unbolt it? Ours Gx is white and I will have the trim price that covers the spot if you want that too.

I have one that I was planning to sell after I get it cleaned up. It is the full 6500 lb hitch. I do not have the bolts however. PM me if interested

Will this work? Just bolt this receiver hitch to the frame.

Will this work? Just bolt this receiver hitch to the frame.

That works but won't give you the 6500 tow rating

If the GX460s are like the 470s, it is possible the 5th Gen T4R hitch will work. I purchased a 4th gen T4R hitch for my GX470 and it's identical to the Lexus hitch, except for the Toyota logo on the hitch cap instead of Lexus. I usually leave a D-ring in my hitch so this is not a concern. I was able to pick up the T4R hitch for $230 from a local Toyota dealer, instead of $300+ shipped for a Lexus hitch. It's worth looking at, including maybe crawling under a T4R to see if the fame attachment points are the same.

P.S. - don't get an aftermarket hitch. My 470 has a Curt aftermarket on it that is only rated at 5,000 lbs and is ugly. The finish is also poor and most of the powedercoat is flaking off. Hence my updgrade to an OEM hitch rather than another crummy aftermarket.

I was considering the Curt hitch, but one of the reasons I bought the GX was towing capacity and so I decided to spring for the OEM hitch (from Bell Lexus as mentioned above) and just do it once.

One of the other potential drawbacks to the Curt or Drawtite is that it looks like it could catch coming off of ledges or rocks whereas the factory hitch will slide more easily.

I was considering the Curt hitch, but one of the reasons I bought the GX was towing capacity and so I decided to spring for the OEM hitch (from Bell Lexus as mentioned above) and just do it once.

One of the other potential drawbacks to the Curt or Drawtite is that it looks like it could catch coming off of ledges or rocks whereas the factory hitch will slide more easily.
Thanks! And the OEM is about $130 more but with added capacity and peace of mind.

My "Lexus" hitch from Bell Lexus came in a Toyota box... Wonder if the part numbers are the same for the 5th Gen 4Runner?

If the GX460s are like the 470s, it is possible the 5th Gen T4R hitch will work. I purchased a 4th gen T4R hitch for my GX470 and it's identical to the Lexus hitch, except for the Toyota logo on the hitch cap instead of Lexus. I usually leave a D-ring in my hitch so this is not a concern. I was able to pick up the T4R hitch for $230 from a local Toyota dealer, instead of $300+ shipped for a Lexus hitch. It's worth looking at, including maybe crawling under a T4R to see if the fame attachment points are the same.

P.S. - don't get an aftermarket hitch. My 470 has a Curt aftermarket on it that is only rated at 5,000 lbs and is ugly. The finish is also poor and most of the powedercoat is flaking off. Hence my updgrade to an OEM hitch rather than another crummy aftermarket.
The t4r will work, but you need to remove the adapter plate on the frame. The t4r has 4 bolts that go into the face of the frame(facing the rear of the vehicle) and 2 bolts that go into the frame from the bottom. Because of this, it also sits higher- not sure how that affects the factory bumper plastic.

the adapter plate looks like this
1617320688080.png

Before I bought one I figured I’d check if anyone deleted theirs or don’t need it and I can come unbolt it? Ours Gx is white and I will have the trim price that covers the spot if you want that too.
I’m in portland and we just took off our tow hitch from our 2011 GX460
It’s avail if you want it
503-970-1008

Just for giggles, try YotaMasters in Corona to see if they have any "take-offs" and perhaps any other off-road shop, especially one's that specialize in Toyota's (like YotaMasters).
I know mine was left with them when I had my bumpers installed.

Just for giggles, try YotaMasters in Corona to see if they have any "take-offs" and perhaps any other off-road shop, especially one's that specialize in Toyota's (like YotaMasters).
I know mine was left with them when I had my bumpers installed.
I called. They didn't have one. Thanks for the suggestion. 👍

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom