Anyone in/near CLT with Aux Gas Tank and/or Reroute on Exhaust for 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I planned on longer term adding an auxiliary gas tank which will require an exhaust reroute on my 1978 40 series; however after going over the train tracks in Pineville last weekend, my exhaust has a much louder tone now (see picture attached), so those plans are going to speed up. PO installed a long shackle/fender trim/drilled leaf spring lift that has always had rubbing issues, it just finally came to a head before I could redo suspension.

Wondering if anyone local has done this modification (preferably on a 2F) or has one with it and would allow me to come by and take a look at it, snap some pictures/measurements, gain some wisdom, etc.

I've got a loose idea of who's going to do the work, just want to buy the muffler myself and have detailed instructions on routing e tc. Aux gas tank will wait a bit longer as my next adventure is new suspension and properly sized tires, but want to at least get the exhaust properly done on the front end.
Tire Rub on Tailpipe.JPG

exhaust crack.JPG

You are welcome to come see mine. I have an aux tank and 2.5" exhaust. It was on the truck when I got it but it works fine. Just a little tire rub at full flex with 35's. I live in Weddington. PM me for my number. Sorry, no exhaust pics to share but mine is super simple and would be a breeze for any shop to duplicate successfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom