Anyone in Bozeman have jack and jack stands i can use?

Visit site
I know I have not been around much the last few years so I hate to ask for favors. But does any one in Bozeman have a big floor jack and BIG jackstands I can use? I need to pull my Radflo shocks of my 80 and mail them in to be rebuilt. That means removing them, installing some spare shocks I have, then reinstalling the Radflos a few weeks later. I am also going to swap to new springs while k am in there.

The thing is I have all my tools except jack and jackstands. If someone has some I can use it would save me from buying it all. I travel full time for work, essentially nomadic living in company housing. A floor jack doesn't travel well. So if I bought it I would have to get rid of it when I am done or leave it with my friend in Bozeman.

If anyone has this stuff and is willing I could come and do the job at your place. Or borrow the stuff and work at my friends in Bozeman. If I borrowed stuff I would be happy to hand you a few hundred dollars as "deposit". I am happy to do whatever works best for you. I am happy to "pay" with a 12 pack of beer, just name you flavor. Or If you can help out you are welcome to my take off springs, OME 861/862. They fit a 80 series.

Thanks guys, I know this is is a big favor to ask.

4gotalot

SILVER Star
Visit site
I have a big floor jack I am not using right now. I do not think my jack stands are tall enough for what you need for (tall) frame support but you are welcome to use them as needed.

Last edited:
Visit site
Dana, you can use my garage and Jack/Jack stands. I still owe you for the press tools.
Thanks Sam. I will take you up on that. Do you still have the same phone number?

I should be getting the new springs and used oem shocks any day now. If I can get them installed asap that would be great I dont know how long Radflo will need to do a rebuild. I have to leave here around early October so I dont really have a lot of time.

Visit site
I have a big floor jack I am not using right now. I do not think my jack stands are tall enough for what you need for (tall) frame support but you are welcome to use them as needed.

I've got a set of pretty standard height jack stands that you're welcome to borrow, but I'm not certain that they're what you need.
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the offer. I think I am going to try to work at Sam's house for this one. This is what makes the community work so well.

Visit site
Thanks Sam. I will take you up on that. Do you still have the same phone number?

I should be getting the new springs and used oem shocks any day now. If I can get them installed asap that would be great I dont know how long Radflo will need to do a rebuild. I have to leave here around early October so I dont really have a lot of time.
Yep, same number. I'll be in the garage this week end . Gone labor day . If I haven't finished back in the garage the weekend after labor day. What are your days off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom