Anyone find a Rattle-Can Match for Glove Box/Ashstray/Insturment Cluster? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to repaint these items and just wondering if anyone has found a good match in color from a rattle-can?

yeah, i dint remember what it was called, cause i used it all up, but i remember that it was for plastics. ill think about it some more, and also ill take a picture of my instrament cluster so you can seewhat it looks like

I just ordered a rattle can of Land Cruiser Grey and a rattle can of Land Cruiser Silver (Pewter) from JT Outfitters. $13.00 per can. I don't know how close the color will match yet. I should be recieving the order by Monday or Tuesday. Also, CCOT sell the paint that they use for "all their restorations" but it's not in a rattle can. I'm curious if the dealership carries it?? Anyway, I plan on touching up my ash tray, etc. so I'll let you know how close of a match it is this week.

any auto paint store can mix it up and put it in cans for you.

Try HAMMERITE RUST CAP. Silver/grey cap. ACE hardware carries this brand. Real close match.

I don't recall the exact color but www.rustbullet.com in the automotive primer has a nice finish. I'm not sure how close this is to the stock color.

I used the JTO stuff too....great match but the paint is real easy to scratch.

Kevin

I used CCOT's stuff. It is acrylic laqure. Sprayed on great, looks great and is tough as well... acrylic lacqure.

For $50 bucks or so, there is more than enough to paint every silver/gray peice on your cruiser with plenty left over.

Oh... and JTO's can kiss my @ss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom