anyone ever line-x their hard top? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
as the title states....anyone ever line ex the hard top?

any pics? results?

No, but my friend did on his 60 and is hot as hell in the sun. It will absorb heat. Might want to paint it white after or get white line x.

Cheers

I assume you're talking about the outer surface?

I don't really know what bigsal is talking about with regard to the heat; the entire outside of my 40 is line-xed gray and black, and the only hot parts are the chrome window trim in the hot central ca sun. I'm not privy to how you plan on using your rig, but I have dragged the side of mine against rock and trees and there is no evidence of abuse. Line-x is a great "paint job" for a rig that might come into contact with other hard surfaces. I know that there have been many discussion here on Mud about the pros and cons, but if you aren't building a stock rig or restoration, it is a viable option.
IMG_0281.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg

grey durabak

Sprayed on, love it!
100_2646.jpg
000_0080.jpg

@cruiser7773... Do you have any close ups of the texture? I was thinking of doing the same thing, but would want a smoother texture... how did yours come out?

K

IIRC a smoother texture is sprayed at a lower pressure

the shop i was at the other day had a sample of both high and low pressure sprays

So when you spray bedliner on it, does that seal it up and make it water tight? I think I remember an episode of "mythbusters" where they said that suff was bomb proof!

dude that looks soooo good!

started doing the same on the inside but ran out of material. I had enough on there to make it look good, but not cover completely, will hit it again early next summer

Has anyone tried bedliner under the top as an alternative to a headliner?
Had mine rhino lined after the original kept sagging. Would not go back to the original. I had a grey rhino liner sprayed in to cover top portion only, I like it.

The fiberglass cap and raingutter i got from Garth, had durabak white bedliner sprayed in, and so far it seems great, I was wanting to do the rest of it (outside), since I just replaced all the rivets, and re sealed with butyl rubber and dicor. I was thinking of permanantly locking in the weather proofing with liner..

As I stated above, Mythbusters did an episode where this sutff protected a building from a bomb blast, pretty damn cool.

I am going to have my headliner replaced with an off-white raptor liner to match the paint on top. I will let you know how it goes.

paint on gel coat is easy to apply and is oem finish as it flexes with fibreglass vs cracking like paint. i highly recommend this because you can brush it on and it is so thick compared to paint that it settles dead smooth. (sorta like elmers glue thick/ consistency.)

i think it was around $160ish for gelcoat and took some simple sanding off of old dried gelcoat with d/a sander. painted on with brush.

I am having Cabinet Cruisers, out of Sandpoint ,ID paint/gel coat the top exterior and the liner interior. I will make sure he uses a gel coat, thanks for the tip!

curious how the inside will look - someone recommended that I do a white bedliner on the inside of mine. Guess if I didn't like it I could cover it with a headliner material? That might result in a more weatherproof/cooler interior with stock look? Just thinking out loud while waiting on pics of yours......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom