Anyone ever have this issue with a clutch slave cylinder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My master cylinder has been leaking so I replaced with a brand new OEM Aisin. While I was at it, I got a Toyota rebuild kit for the slave cylinder - just a new boot and plunger. It had been working fine.

I measured the existing plunger dimensions and made sure it was an exact match for the new one. That way I wouldn't have to adjust the push rod on the slave cylinder. I got everything back together, line flushed/bled, and got a soft pedal. I figured I had air in line, so I kept bleeding the line and it didn't get better. So I decided to see if the push rod needed adjustment. WOW - I had to really lengthen and got it into spec play range with the throw out arm and bingo everything worked fine. I even went back and checked the pedal height and play inside the cab - on the money. Hadn't changed them.

Any idea why the drastic difference after changing the plunger? Only think I can think is that the slave was previously rebuilt and the plunger was in backwards - which would account for most of the adjustment difference I had to do on the pushrod. I don't remember the direction of the plunger when I removed it, but I was pretty sure it was in the correct direction.

"Any idea why the drastic difference after changing the plunger? Only think I can think is that the slave was previously rebuilt and the plunger was in backwards - which would account for most of the adjustment difference I had to do on the pushrod. I don't remember the direction of the plunger when I removed it, but I was pretty sure it was in the correct direction."

Pictures would show if the indent for the pushrod was a different depth. They might also show wear if the piston was inserted backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom