Anyone done the trip out to Cape Lookout? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Look at a Surco rack for cost savings over an ARB. Hell, you can borrow mine if you, or someone, can pick it up at CRR. I think it's about 50"x50" and is on my 40 with gutter mounts right now.
One of these popped up for sale around me (the 50x50). I may try it as a replacement for my current rack and cargo basket set up on my 40. Can you send a quick pic of your set up? TIA!

One of these popped up for sale around me (the 50x50). I may try it as a replacement for my current rack and cargo basket set up on my 40. Can you send a quick pic of your set up? TIA!
Argh! I just left home for the week. I’ll go thru some pics tonight and see what I have.

I know that I ended up making mount extensions out of 3/16x 1.5” steel, about 8” long maybe, because the crossbars on the rack weren’t long enough to reach the gutter mounts. That might not be a concern with different types of gutter mounts. Mine are the old school cast aluminum kind. Name begins with a “K”, I think.

How quickly do the ferries fill up for weekend slots? I'm thinking of heading down this weekend, but I need to vet my truck's cooling system before I can commit.

How quickly do the ferries fill up for weekend slots? I'm thinking of heading down this weekend, but I need to vet my truck's cooling system before I can commit.

Well there are numerous ferries.

There is the swan quarter and cedar island ferries that go to Ocracoke...have to make reservations online. They fill up on the weekends, but off times could be doable at the last minute, $15 each way.
There is the Hatteras ferry that goes to ocracoke....first come first serve, and free.
there is the private ferry that goes to Cape Lookout island....have to call. Small ferry that fills up quick. Have to call and book. Approx. $100 round trip with car a people.
and the private ferry that goes to Portsmouth island.....same as above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom