Anybody willing to help with SOA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 83 FJ60 and I want to do a spring over axle within the next few months. I'm looking for someone that has the tools and has done this in their own shop and can give me a hand (basically the welding).

I'm willing to pay, not looking for freebies of course!

I live in Gilbert Arizona. Let me know. Thanks.

Sure, I'd be willing to help out. I live in Tempe at Ray/Rural and have all the necessary stuff here at my home shop/garage.

Give me a call sometime, 602-284-1823.

Just have all the necessary parts ready to go and we can probably knock it out in an afternoon. Are you going to reuse all the old parts - springs, perches, etc. or go with new ones? You might need new U-Bolts also.

Brian

Being newly unemployed (and loving it!) I might have some time on my hands if you want some help on the SOA...

Parts?

Thank you guys, I'll be contacting one of you for this.

I guess the question to start will be what are the required parts.

This will be most likely a frame off SOA. My frame is rusted and in bad shape, so I bought an FJ60 for parts and will be starting here. I just have to remove the cab and cut in pieces so I can put in my yard.

The stock springs look in better shape than my current ones, but I'd like to take them to Mexico for rebuid and reinforce (Add a Leaf maybe). So I'm guessing I need the u-bolt hardware and new shocks. But where is the plate that is welded coming from?

Also, since I'm doing this SOA using stock springs, do I need to buy longer brake lines? or modify steering? or sway bar? are stock shackles good enough?

Sorry for the questions, I'm new in all this and know little about suspension in general. I read the technical links for SOA but is too much to dig.

You need to take a look at my truck. It will give you plenty of answers and certainly generate some questions...

I'm a stones throw from Rebel, so if you end up over there, I may be able to help as well.

Link to my build Kavik's SOA

I did some extra stuff while I was in there.:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom