Anybody replaced your Air injection driver lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just replaced the air pump on my next door neighbors Seq. and I was able to check all fuses and ground and I'm still getting the dreaded P0418 code the only thing left that I guess is needed is the Air Injection driver that powers up the blower. It is not cheap and is there a quick way to test it? It's a 2006 and 2WD.

If you have replaced it where did you get it for much less?

Not a single Reply? Ok here it goes found out a friend have an 05 Limited 4x4 so I borrowed the driver mounted on the left fender just under the master cylinder. I also checked the circuit on his to see if I got the same output on the bad driver so I swapped the part and stuck a long screw driver where the blower is under the manifold. Fan came on and I got one on order from McGeorge Toyota will update this post once I get everything fixed.

Not a single Reply? Ok here it goes found out a friend have an 05 Limited 4x4 so I borrowed the driver mounted on the left fender just under the master cylinder. I also checked the circuit on his to see if I got the same output on the bad driver so I swapped the part and stuck a long screw driver where the blower is under the manifold. Fan came on and I got one on order from McGeorge Toyota will update this post once I get everything fixed.
Sorry man, I think most everyone just bypasses this when it goes bad. Pretty expensive replacement with factory parts.

Just want to update, the driver relay did fix the issue. No codes and everything is working. I have nothing against bypass being in comifornia there is no way around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom