Anybody interested in a new front bumper design? Update 5/7, No more teasers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, I can’t wait until I can get my rig to your place. I have to wait another 14ish months. NBD🤥
Bumper is looking good and super stout! I want to see the “TEQ” plates!

ttrlSp1h.jpg

Well I'm late to the ordering deadline but cant wait to see the completed masterpiece as i too have an lx450 and my #1 threat historically and for the foreseeable distant future in every vehicle we ever owned is DEER! Even the most common brush guards or bull bars fold too easily at 60mph or more and that 200 lb buck lands in your lane 3 ft in front and thx to fog and/or 4 ft tall grass all the way from trees to the edge of pavement out here in the VERY rural areas I live. So I have had to reinforce some 200 lb trailfx bumper on front of my old dodge ram after the 7th deer strike in 2 years. But as these rambling run on sentences with no sense of proper punctuation may have alluded I am an adhd poster child and may have missed the posting but im in dire need of deer proofing my 80 that i finally was able to get after years of searching and things not working out. So as i try to improve my rig and get her maintenance up to par I'm sniffing for armor. Im curious and also wanting to say I want on a list for next buy if that's a thing.
Also green newb here so if I'm breaking rules or lack proper etiquette it's not with malice or on purpose it's fully ignorance but im trying. Im about hourish west of Augusta so Columbia is easy for me if need be. Any top notch upholstery places around Augusta area btw?

When I get it finished, I'll post up the pics and if there is enough interest, I'll order more kits. And I stress these are kits.
Oh and Hey Eggy! Welcome to MUD buddy. :flipoff2:

Last coat of paint. :clap:
Got the lights and winch mounted.
zPt3Vrrm.jpg

ntQASPtm.jpg

jerLgX7m.jpg

With luck I'll get it all wired up this weekend.

When I get it finished, I'll post up the pics and if there is enough interest, I'll order more kits. And I stress these are kits.
Oh and Hey Eggy! Welcome to MUD buddy. :flipoff2:
Well I either just noticed the alert or ,being new, passed some criteria etc but thx for the welcome even if i am 2 weeks late lol

Last coat of paint. :clap:
Got the lights and winch mounted.
zPt3Vrrm.jpg

ntQASPtm.jpg

jerLgX7m.jpg

With luck I'll get it all wired up this weekend.
That is looking great. The bumper looks quite stout. The more I read about the black oak lights, the more I like them. I’d like to see your real-world pics when you get that sweet doomsday bumper installed.

Its mounted to the rig! Planning on wiring everything up this weekend.

Here's the fit to the flares.
nAd8SgIm.jpg

Fit to the valance.
jEInDZhm.jpg

Fit of the winch solenoid cover to the valance.
9UuaCJDm.jpg

Might need to trim the point that is sticking into the wheel well and get the shape a little better fitted to the wheel well.
But right now I am happier than a two peckered puppy that it's mounted to the rig, so that may wait a bit.
LxMGcK2m.jpg

Last edited:
It didn't burn down when I fired the lights up... Yeah me!
rFJjHk0m.jpg

e1mR6uLm.jpg

The harness is set up as a single complete unit. Just in case I need to take it out some day.
The relay bracket is mounted to the hood hinge bolts and I set it up with room to grow.
gbc8tbkh.jpg

Gotta fill that third slot some day....

HJJKo34m.jpg

Well I'm late to the ordering deadline but cant wait to see the completed masterpiece as i too have an lx450 and my #1 threat historically and for the foreseeable distant future in every vehicle we ever owned is DEER! Even the most common brush guards or bull bars fold too easily at 60mph or more and that 200 lb buck lands in your lane 3 ft in front and thx to fog and/or 4 ft tall grass all the way from trees to the edge of pavement out here in the VERY rural areas I live. So I have had to reinforce some 200 lb trailfx bumper on front of my old dodge ram after the 7th deer strike in 2 years. But as these rambling run on sentences with no sense of proper punctuation may have alluded I am an adhd poster child and may have missed the posting but im in dire need of deer proofing my 80 that i finally was able to get after years of searching and things not working out. So as i try to improve my rig and get her maintenance up to par I'm sniffing for armor. Im curious and also wanting to say I want on a list for next buy if that's a thing.
Also green newb here so if I'm breaking rules or lack proper etiquette it's not with malice or on purpose it's fully ignorance but im trying. Im about hourish west of Augusta so Columbia is easy for me if need be. Any top notch upholstery places around Augusta area btw?
@Rusty Marlin , the bumper looks great!! Nice design and build work.

Sorry to hijack.

Eggy…Try a set of deer whistles. I hit 3 deer in a year. Installed deer whistles and haven’t even had a close call. I don’t even see deer standing on the side of the road anymore !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom